Senior Facilities Maintenance Tech
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Senior Maintenance Technician is responsible for the care,
monitoring, preventive maintenance, and repairs of Sheltair's
facilities and equipment within the Southeast Florida region as
directed by the Facilities Manager. Technician ensures the
reliability of facility buildings and equipment. Technician ensures
adherence to quality standards including but not limited to
maintaining facilities, critical utilities systems, and
environmental and safety compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability interact with
base customers, vendors, contractors, and team members on a routine
- Routinely inspect and assess facilities/hangars for required
maintenance, cleanliness, safety, security, and operational status
on a daily basis
- Respond to work orders and conduct appropriate repairs at
facilities/hangars, including but not limited to structural repairs
to buildings, doors and sidings, hangar door wheels, tracks, door
operators (hydraulic/electric), hangar flooring, hangar door motor
repairs, repair of roof leaks, HVAC issues, airplane apron
inspections, plumbing, electrical, maintenance of equipment;
landscaping, irrigation; painting, and installation of finished
- Perform Preventative Maintenance of buildings and equipment per
manufacturer recommendations as scheduled in the Computerized
Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Preventative Maintenance of HVAC systems meeting manufactures
recommendation, i.e. controllers, valves, motors, belts, bearings,
filters, drain pans & lines, freon levels, and lubrication
- Trouble shooting, repair, and determination of Root Cause of
building and equipment deficiencies.
- Perform custodial and maintenance duties to maintain the
buildings and grounds in a clean, orderly, safe, and aesthetically
appearing condition, repairing issues which may arise.
- Complete and close out Work Orders in the CMMS and enter time
worked and materials used, before and after pictures, and Root
Cause determinations with proper corrective action.
- Train other maintenance technicians and staff in preventative
maintenance, repair of and care of facilities and equipment.
- Participate in Maintenance Best Practices including Innovating,
documenting, improving work methods, standardizing, providing a
safe work environment and requiring safe work practices, training,
commissioning equipment, collecting, measuring, and analyzing key
performance indicators to improve processes and improve Sheltair's
- Qualify vendors as deemed necessary and in line with state,
local ordinances and insurance requirements.
- Supervise and direct contract personnel or outside vendors in
the performance of contracted services.
- Partners in continuous improvement efforts and fosters a work
ethic of accountability.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures and regulations including wearing all Personal
Protective Equipment and using tools and equipment according to
proper safety requirements.
- Delivers superior customer service and always represents the
company in a professional manner.
- Monitor phone during off hours for responding to after hour
emergencies and high priority work orders including but not limited
to AC Down, Plumbing Leaks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required.
- 5+ years of experience as a facilities technician with
troubleshooting and repairing of motors, pumps, hydraulics, low
voltage electrical, and welding of structural members.
- Accredited specialized trade training is preferred.
- Associates Degree in a technical field is a plus.
- Currently have or obtain within 90 days of hire date, EPA
Certification and must be able to service, install, repair, and
replace refrigeration systems including split systems, packaged
- Must be able to work from a boom truck, articulating man lift,
scissor lift, and ladders.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
- Capable of reading blueprints, schematics, and
- Proficient in Microsoft programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Outlook are a plus.
- Experience with CMM systems
- Must have valid Florida Driver's License.
- Bilingual helpful.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
following the FAA and DOT guidelines.
***SHELTAIR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS
JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES,
INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE
OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT
CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS
"AT-WILL." QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES WHO, BECAUSE OF A PHYSICAL OR MENTAL
IMPAIRMENT THAT SIGNIFICANTLY LIMITS A MAJOR LIFE ACTIVITY, REQUIRE
A REASONABLE ACCOMODATION TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF
THIS POSITION SHOULD NOTIFY THEIR MANAGER OR HUMAN
Keywords: Sheltair, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Facilities Maintenance Tech, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...