YD Broward - Assistant Site Supervisor, General Population
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: March 13, 2023
YD Broward - Assistant Site Supervisor, General Population The
YMCA of South Florida is now hiring Assistant Site Supervisors to
join the Youth Development Broward team! The Assistant Site
Supervisor assists in overseeing a site's supervision of staff, and
the coordination of activities. Under the direction of the Site
Supervisor, the Assistant Site supervisor is responsible for
complete program operations of a particular site or sites, as
assigned by or in lieu of the Site Supervisor.
- Assists in the supervision of the staff in the planning and
implementation of activities for their assigned group of children
in accordance to both age and developmentally appropriate practices
as outlined by licensing agency, State of Florida and the YMCA of
South Florida mission and YMCA Child Care Policies.
- Assists in the supervision of students in various outdoor
activities (e.g. sandbox, swings, climbing apparatus, field trips,
etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning
- Assists the site supervisor with age appropriate activities by
working with individual or small groups of students (e.g. games,
art, music, science, language, nutrition, playground, computers,
washing hands, etc.) or the purpose of presenting and/or
reinforcing learning concepts and by caring for student's
- Communicates with school staff (e.g. principal, office
personnel, maintenance, school nurse, cafeteria staff, etc.) for
the purpose of conveying information and/or receiving information
required to perform the functions of the job.
- Distributes instructional and/or play materials for the purpose
of providing students with necessary items and assisting the site
supervisor in the program. Maintains equipment and work areas
(e.g.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items and/or
providing for a safe learning environment.
- Monitors children in various activities (e.g. snack time, group
or individual games, playground activities, etc.) for the purpose
of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Monitors student behavior for the purpose of ensuring student
compliance to established regulations and maintaining a safe and
positive learning environment.
- Organizes indoor/outdoor, quiet/active play activities
appropriate to age group for the purpose of actively participating
in learning activities with children.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. ordering
and stocking materials; parent files, financial, sign in/out
records, copying, attendance, written reports, etc.) for the
purpose of supporting the site supervisor and/or providing
necessary records/instructional materials.
- Delivers children directly to parents or designee for the
purpose of ensuring safety of children and meeting the licensing
agency, State of Florida and the YMCA of South Florida mission and
YMCA Child Care Personnel Policies.
- Supervises staff, as needed in the absence of the Site
Supervisor, for the purpose of maximizing their efficiency and
meeting work requirements.
- Adheres to the Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting requirements
which mandate by law all child care personnel to report suspicions
of child abuse, neglect, or abandonment. The YMCA requires
employees to follow the internal reporting procedures with the
assistance of the Program Managers.
- Ensures that the proper staffs to child ratios are maintained
at all times and reports discrepancies to the Site Supervisor as
needed. Time Management -
- Works 90% of schedule on the desk/ Hands-on role
- 50% - Focused on executing Association protocols and
performance metrics; team performance; reduction in
- 40% - Customer ServicePosition Profile:
- Exemplary leadership and reliability; a positive role
- Personable personality to work well with others and develop
good relationships with parents, children, colleagues, and YMCA
- Innate ability in using good judgement to respond to
emergencies or difficult situations.
- Outgoing personality enjoys speaking to people.
- Time and priority management.
- Ability to delegate.Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years' work experience in a licensed child
care/day camp facility which includes direct contact with children
and supervision of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to both
children and adults; understand, practice, and model YMCA Character
Development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and
Responsibility.Certifications & Licenses:
- Upon hire, the Assistant Site Supervisor must have completed
and hold certificates in:
- The Thirty (30) Hour Training Requirement consisting of (a)
Child Growth and Development, (b) Health, Safety and Nutrition, (c)
Child Care Facility State and Local Rules and Regulations, (d)
Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, and (e) Behavior
Observation and Assessment.
- The Ten (10) Hour Developmentally Appropriate Module
(preferred- School-Age Appropriate Practices).
- Eight (8) Hours of in-service in working with children with
Special Needs, or the Ten (10) Hour Special Needs Appropriate
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates by the time of
employment or within ninety (90) days from the date of hire.As a
condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and
satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background
screening and drug test.As a Drug-Free Workplace, all new hires
must successfully complete a urinalysis within 72 hours of notice.
Failure to complete the drug test within this timeframe will
automatically disqualify you from employment. Please note Medical
Marijuana cards do not exempt you from successfully passing your
drug test.The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy of
Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace
because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale , YD Broward - Assistant Site Supervisor, General Population, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...