Maintenance Technician -
Company: Orion: ADS
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 22, 2022
*Featured locations include, but are not limited to, the list
below. Don't see your location? Select it anyway in your
application - we most likely have a similar fit for you!
Salt Lake City, UT
Bessemer City, NC
Winter Garden, FL
Buena Vista, VA
Hours, sign-on bonuses and additional perks (there are plenty!)
vary, and your recruiter will share these details with you based on
the location(s) in which you are interested.
In this position you will perform the preventive and reactive
maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the
plant. Priorities of the Maintenance Technician include the
execution of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed
to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate
spare parts inventory. This position requires the flexibility to
work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required and fulfill on-call
duties for repairs and assistance. Additional responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines and their controls
(extruders, corrugators, extrusion die, DC /AC motor & drives,
downstream equipment, chillers & etc...).
- Maintain and build job skills through company training
- Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control
components from supplier as needed.
- Effectively contribute to CMMS performance through timely PM &
Repair Work Order completion while ensuring compliance.
- 1st responder to troubleshooting machine problems, contact
Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
- Work with Production Staff to ensure the safe and reliable
operation of plant equipment.
- Help develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects to
improve production efficiencies and Safety.
- Support Daily Management directives and initiatives.
- General experience using Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter,
Ammeter, ohm meter, Megger & etc...
- Understanding basic machine function and Sequence of Operations
of production machinery.
- General experienced in reading Electrical, pneumatics and
- Basic knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
- Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
- Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
- General industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and
pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Strong ability with time management and task prioritization
skills o Understanding of electrical formulas and mechanical
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power
- AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming &
- Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
- Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and
communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
- High School / Vocational School Diploma or Equivalent -
- Technician level - Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic -
- Basic PLC and Drive training - Preferred
- +2 years Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Systems and
- Plastic process knowledge.
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require
the ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employees will be working specified shifts, and moving
around at all times which will require the ability to stand and be
mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the
employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for
extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires
the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and
transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion, on a daily
basis, including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability
to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
Keywords: Orion: ADS, Fort Lauderdale , Maintenance Technician - , Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!