CDL Driver Class \B\, PT (Pompano Beach, FL)
Company: Scholastic Book Fairs
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 5, 2022
This is a PART-TIME position has a $3,000 Sign-on Bonus.
1. Work with supervisor to deliver and pick-up fairs in an
efficient, cost effective manner.
2. Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service
standards are maintained.
3. Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical
4. Effectively communicate routing problems to supervisor so
changes can be communicated to the routing team (road construction,
address changes, steps, etc).
5. Deliver and pick-up product from schools, as scheduled,, in a
courteous and professional manner.
6. Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to
receive a "Damage Free" fair.
7. Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of motor
vehicle to which assigned. Notify supervisor of any defects or
8. Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely
manner to include, but not limited to, DOT Logs, trip sheets, fuel
tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork, as required.
9. Adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal
rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA,
10. Call Regional/Branch office immediately upon the occurrence of
any of the following:
a) Accident or damage to person(s) or property.
b) Problem with a school delivery or pick-up.
c) Mechanical failure of equipment.
11. Assist in completing warehouse tasks as required by the
12. Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed
hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
13. Attend monthly driver meetings - completing all continuous
training materials as required.
14. Complete annual Certificate of Violation Process timely,
accurately and honestly.
15. Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling
heavy objects, climbing ladders and pushing/pulling display
16. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
17. Maintain truck per company standards.
18. Regular attendance in accordance with schedule.
19. Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
2. Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1)
3. Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
4. Possess valid CDL license with air brake endorsement.
5. Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record
review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination
indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as
6. Must be able to drive vehicle weighing up to 34,000 GVW.
7. Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and
handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular
and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
8. Customer service orientated.
9. Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
10. Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
11. Strong team player and the ability to get along with
12. Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read.
Job Family Group:
Distrib & Matls Mgmt
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear:
there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion,
color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or
Vietnam veteran. Those factors shall not influence the
determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity
within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as
compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and
dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational
programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO Scholastic Policy Statement
Pay Transparency Provision
*Important* Please fill out the below information to be re-directed
to the full application
Keywords: Scholastic Book Fairs, Fort Lauderdale , CDL Driver Class \B\, PT (Pompano Beach, FL), Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!