Emergency Medical Technician, SCA - Fort Lauderdale, FL - EMT / ER Technician
Company: Main Jail Bureau, BR CO
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Emergency Medical Technician, SCA - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Why Wellpath Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!" - - - About
this role Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides general
emergency care to patient patients including initial examination
upon in-take and responding to day-to-day medical issues with
patient patients and responding to medical emergencies What you
bring to the table Education:
- Requires successful completion of an Emergency Medical
Technician or Paramedic course Experience:
- Prior experience in a correctional or jail setting preferred
- Requires unrestricted current certification or registration in
state of practice What you will do
- Provides rapid response to apparent medical emergencies
throughout the correctional facility.
- Must be proficient in CPR and recognizing needs to use this
- Must be competent in handling emergencies utilizing basic life
- Assesses and identifies health problems of new patients and
develops medical record.
- Administers prescribed treatment and medication to patient
patients as needed and medically required, and within licensing
- Documents all prescription drug use for patient patients
according to established drug recordkeeping practices.
- Prepares equipment and assists physician and/or physician
extender during examination and treatment. Sterilizes and maintains
equipment so it is ready for the next use.
- Documents medical history and treatment of patient patients,
using standard medical record procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of health records and
protected health information (PHI) in compliance with HIPAA
- Is aware of emergency procedures in the event of emergency or
crisis situations and the appropriate plan of action governed by
triage and written guidelines.
- Willing to assist coworkers in job duties and work overtime if
required. May act as a resource to other coworkers.
- Provides clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
to coworkers, supervisors, jail administration and patients.
- Provide/participate in monthly continuing education meetings
within the correctional facility.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Our investment in
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: Main Jail Bureau, BR CO, Fort Lauderdale , Emergency Medical Technician, SCA - Fort Lauderdale, FL - EMT / ER Technician, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!