Purchasing Manager - Construction - Remote
Company: House Buyers of America
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 14, 2022
House Buyers of America is looking for a Purchasing Manager. The
Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing Purchasing and
Contracts. Purchasing develops detailed scopes of work and budgets
for each job. They bid out and hire subcontractors, manage all
contracts, submit all invoices, track project budgets, and work
with Field Managers to ensure contractors are performing well.
Purchasing is responsible for conducting field audits and ensuring
that contractors are performing work per the contract. This
position requires a minimum of 5-10 years of Purchasing experience
in Home Building or major Home Remodeling company. Purchasing
Managers play an integral role in ensuring that House Buyers
develops a solid reputation for selling the highest quality homes
and having excellent customer service.
What you will do:
- Responsible for Purchasing and Contracts Management.
- Negotiate the lowest cost possible (national production builder
pricing) while maintaining high quality.
- Creatively source new products to help lower cost and improve
quality/aesthetic appeal of our houses.
- Work with senior management to help determine or update spec
- Develop detailed estimates for renovations and residential new
construction each job.
- Develop detailed scope of work for renovations, including a
schedule for each contractor on the job. Scope of work should
maximize ROI on each property.
- Manage contracts for all trades and subcontractors.
- Bid out renovations and hire, manage, train and, when
necessary, terminate General Contractors and subcontractors.
Constantly recruit new contractors and vendor relationships through
networking and cold calls. Ensure contractors are properly
registered prior to starting jobs.
- Communicate effectively with the Construction Team to ensure a
quality product for the most economical cost.
- Create and manage Purchase Orders (POs), as well as invoicing
upon construction completion.
- Conduct field audits to ensure work performed meets contractual
- Strive to complete projects below assigned budget, and
continuously seek ways to reduce construction cost and streamline
- Update House Buyers of America property database and reports to
track every detail of construction. Manage all paperwork and
electronic files in a timely and organized way.
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals.
Being a rapidly growing and dynamic company, House Buyers employees
can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties
- Minimum 5-10 years of Purchasing experience with a major home
builder and remodeling company.
- Good computer skills, especially using Excel.
- Bachelors Degree
- Spanish speaking is a plus, but not a requirement
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great
benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team
events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 27% in Q2 of
2021 vs Q2 of 2020!
- We're growing fast! Our Q2YTD 2021 acquisitions increased by
43% compared to 2020!
- We're profitable! Our net profit increased in Q2YTD 2021 by 33%
for the same time last year!
- Our margins are growing - Our gross margin (%) increased 29% in
Q2YTD 2021 for the same time last year!
- We're in the middle of a rapid, nationwide expansion. So far in
2021 we launched into six new markets - Hampton Roads, Richmond,
Oklahoma City, Dallas, Philadelphia and Atlanta... and more to
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment
company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia.
We buy, renovate, and resell a high volume of homes offering a
guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell
their house without paying a Realtor commission. We have a history
of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of
houses. Our Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue
in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young
Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Keywords: House Buyers of America, Fort Lauderdale , Purchasing Manager - Construction - Remote, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!