Site Supervisor - Youth Force
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Making a difference in a child's life is the most rewarding
experience one can have during their professional career. The YMCA
of South Florida's YOUTH FORCE Team is looking for enthusiastic,
energetic, and motivated site supervisors to work with children in
Broward County. Under the direction of the Program Manager, the
Site Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of their
after school/day camp site including; participant and parent
relationships, organizing and administering files and records
necessary for the program, supervision of staff, creation of
program activities, collecting fees and keeping track of supplies.
- Provide overall leadership, supervision and quality control to
- Collect fees as appropriate.
- Supervise all site staff appropriately.
- Create a positive atmosphere, which boosts self-esteem and
general self-concept of all participants.
- Plan/implement well-organized and well-varied activities based
on the mandated curriculum.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with parents about the
program and their child's participation. Inform parents when there
is a behavior problem that cannot be addressed adequately through
- Cooperate fully with school personnel to use facilities
- Work with the YMCA Afterschool Program Manager to ensure that
all standards required by the funding agencies and the YMCA are
complied with fully.
- Maintain individual participant records as required by
licensing standards and/or YMCA policies.
- Monitor daily attendance sheets and see that they are kept
organized and accurate.
- Report all incidents and accidents within 24 hours to the
- Adhere to the Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting requirements
which mandate by law all child care personnel to report suspicions
of child abuse, neglect, or abandonment. The YMCA requires
employees to follow the internal reporting procedures with the
assistance of the Program Managers.
- Ensure that the proper staffs to child ratios are maintained at
all times and reports discrepancies to the Site Supervisor as
needed. Job Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED and preferably one of the
following educational requirements:
- Post-secondary level vocational certificate in child care
through the State of Florida - level vocational certificate in
child care through State of Florida - Department of Education.
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited
college/university in appropriate area; as documented by
transcripts and/or degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years' work experience in a licensed
child care/day camp facility which includes direct contact with
children and supervision of staff.
- Ability to relate to both children and adults; understand,
practice and model YMCA Character Development values of Caring,
Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- The Site Supervisor of a licensed child care facility must be
at least twenty-one (21) years-old at the time of hire.
Certificates and Licenses: Within 90 days of hire, the Site
Supervisor must have completed and hold certificates in:
- The Thirty (30) Hour Training Requirement consisting of (a)
Child Growth and Development, (b) Health, Safety and Nutrition, (c)
Child Care Facility State and Local Rules and Regulations, (d)
Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, and (e) Behavior
Observation and Assessment.
- The Ten (10) Hour Developmentally Appropriate Module
(preferred- School-Age Appropriate Practices).
- Eight (8) Hours of in-service in working with children with
Special Needs, or the Ten (10) Hour Special Needs Appropriate
- Active First Aid and CPR certification. As a condition of
employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily
clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening. The
YMCA of South Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to
the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in
employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale , Site Supervisor - Youth Force, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!