Commercial Lines Senior Analyst/Placement Leader
Company: USI Insurance Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 4, 2021
A seasoned P&C professional with a developed technical
background in Property underwriting and broking, program design,
limits review, loss forecasting, loss stratification, CAT modeling,
and coverage placement. Highly technical property specialist who
advises Producers, Account Management and Account Placement
colleagues on complex matters. Strategic and operational partner of
Property Analytics on a regional and national level.
- P&C Technical -- review property insurance programs
(structure, coverage, limits, deductibles, retentions,
classifications, et al), and recommend improvements.
- Analyze financial, loss, and exposure data to develop insights
and findings that contribute to favorable negotiation of policy
terms and conditions.
- Apply knowledge and creativity in the development, structure
and placement of layered and quota shared programs including
experience with concurrent terms and conditions.
- Interpret and explain in compelling business terms the outputs
of AIR and RMS Catastrophe Models.
- Produce catastrophe models in the AIR program.
- Develop effective deductible structures for catastrophe perils
including the utilization of deductible buy back insurance.
- Utilize benchmarking as a tool for helping clients and
prospects optimize the design and structure of their property
programs and to validate our recommendations.
- Be proficient in providing Business Interruption analysis and
recommendations on limits and coverage
- Sales Assist -- assist producers with proposals and participate
in client presentations with producers and other P&C team
members. Mentor new producers in the USI sales culture with respect
to achieving success in the middle market.
- Participate and contribute ideas and solutions in team
"Huddles" in order to improve the effectiveness of new business
meetings and improve the quality and impact of existing client
- Provide regular client communication and remain connected to
largest property accounts in the region(s) you serve.
- Write client facing papers on timely topics for distribution to
clients and prospects (at least four per year).
- Carrier Relations -- build and maintain strong relationships
with insurance companies such that USI gains an advantage over
other competitors in the market. Maintain high level standard and
E&S market relationships and enhance USI market relationships.
Provide expertise on the London and domestic wholesale
- National Team -- participate with other National Technical team
members in building, refining, training and implementing value
differentiators for our P&C practice.
- Provide support to property claims advocacy staff and when
required, manage resolution of property claims disputes. Other
- Professional Services -- Work with internal partners and
external customers to create improved products and services.
- Policies and Procedures -- Comply with USI's Operating,
Financial and Human Resources policies and procedures. Ensure that
all activities are performed in compliance with local, state, and
federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Culture & Staff Development -- Ensure that organizational
decisions support company values. Build trust by acting as a role
model for integrity, respect and professionalism.
- Recruit and ensure the quality of all hires in
- Mentor and coach direct reports. Continually improve the level
of knowledge and skills of all staff within the unit. Direct
employee training and personal development to improve
- External Relations -- Promote and enhance the overall
reputation of USI with carriers and prospects.
- Willingness to travel 25% to 30% of the time. Knowledge, Skills
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- 15 years plus of insurance brokerage, underwriting/ technical
experience in the segment, i.e. commercial lines property,
commercial lines casualty.
- Ability to drive positive results from the markets.
- Knowledge of policy forms, endorsements, coverage terms both
ISO and manuscript. Ability to develop and edit coverage
- Ability to present to clients.
- Ability to compose clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Ability to generate your own correspondence with the use of
agency automation software.
- A professional phone manner and ability to maintain a "cool
head" in dealing with clients, insurers and general public.
- Ability to review all aspects of your position with great
accuracy must be detail oriented.
- Ability to manage and process workflow in a timely manner.
- Basic understanding of the types of reinsurance and how it
affects the retail market.
- A valid Property & Casualty Producers License must be
- Strong knowledge of property/casualty underwriting, coverage's
- Knowledge of international program design and coverages
- Coverage comparison knowledge
- Experience managing upper middle and large market accounts
- Experience in interpreting and complying with contractual
coverage requirements of all types.
- Willingness to commit to a continuing education program and
maintain a professional designation (CISR, CIC, CPCU, ARM,
- Obtain a working knowledge of the agency automation system
(Sagitta) as well as general competence with third party word
processing, spread sheet and presentation systems (Microsoft Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint). Interested in hearing about other USI Career
Opportunities? EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Notice to 3rd Party Recruiters We endeavor to make this site
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org 100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400,
Valhalla, NY 10595
Keywords: USI Insurance Services, Fort Lauderdale , Commercial Lines Senior Analyst/Placement Leader, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!