Cardio Vascular Technician
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job Details Provides guidelines for RCVT/RCIS roles and
functions in the Cath Lab. Assists nursing and medical staff to
provide care to patients undergoing cardiac catheterization and
electrophysiology procedures. Performs scrubbing and monitoring
duties during procedures. Performs pre-procedure preparation,
post-procedure care and patient disposition in collaboration with
nursing and medical staff. Maintains adequate supplies in lab and
equipment quality controls. Responsibilities:
- Performs basic EKG interpretation, single and 12-lead ST
segments analysis for ischemia/injury patterns and recognition of
- Recognizes and interprets EKG changes related to all
electrophysiology procedures such as mapping, ablating, and
implanting of cardiac resynchronization devices.
- Performs arterial and venous pressure monitoring, sampling and
- Performs three dimensional mapping systems, and the principles
of cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Documents procedure completely and accurately including
medications and supplies.
- Performs patient observation.
- Assists team members in acute cardiac care, including
resuscitation and related therapeutic effects.
- Demonstrates aseptic technique throughout pre, intra, and post
- Performs technical skills proficiently during procedure
demonstrating working knowledge of equipment in use during the
- Sets up scrub procedures in both cath and EP lab.
- Prepares all instruments/equipment for decontamination
following universal precaution and takes them to the sterilization
- Assists in room cleaning after each case according to Cleveland
Clinic Hospital's policy. R
- estocks procedure room when cases are completed for the
- Checks daily paper of the computer, paper calibration and basic
troubleshooting practices of recording equipment.
- Acts as resource person in the care, maintenance and use of all
specialized equipment in the lab.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment immediately to Nurse
- Assists others with responsibilities and adjusts work schedule
to meet department needs.
- Maintains patient, medical record, department, and employee
confidentiality at all times.
- Understands and participates in the performance and
documentation of the Patient Safety Checklist.
- Follows Standard Precautions guidelines at all times.
- Attends and participates in department staff meetings
- Ensures that information is communicated at the meetings and in
the communication books as evidenced by initials on the book.
- Shows initiative and self-direction, requiring minimal guidance
as evidenced by going above and beyond the daily requirement of the
- Participates in the orientation of new employees in a positive
manner, to share knowledge, experience and provide guidance.
- Adheres to department policy on outside conference attendance
and in-servicing of staff following conference.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and offers
assistance to others.
- Acknowledges and responds tactfully to all requests.
- Communicates and interacts with others in a professional,
mature, cooperative, and positive manner at all times.
- Is open when given direction and guidance, accepts constructive
criticism as potential for growth and development as demonstrated
by modifications of behavior/practice.
- Remains in appropriate work area for duration of shift. Reports
lunch and break times to appropriate person and returns from breaks
- Promotes a team approach both inter and intra
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance according to hospital
policy and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Certificate of cardiovascular lab technology program or school
of radiology required. Certifications:
- Certificate of cardiovascular lab technology program or school
- Certified or Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification/Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) provider card required. Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior,
interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to
respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in
a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. This description of duties is not intended to be
all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of
supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple
assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department director, physicians and other
members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when
dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from
- Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing work load,
directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional
- Self-starting and self-motivating;.
- Working hours may exceed eight hours per day and is based on
what is needed to accomplish completion of the daily surgical
schedule. Work Experience:
- Cath lab experience. Physical Requirements:
- Workload is heavy and requires constant lifting, moving of
patients, equipment, instrument trays, and supplies.
- Able to lift items up to 50 pounds without assistance and
greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Stooping, pushing and pulling required when moving patients or
equipment into position for surgery. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Cardio Vascular Technician, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!