Site Supervisor - General Population
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The YMCA of South Florida is now hiring for a High School
Program Site Director. Under the direction of the Program Manager,
the Site Supervisor is responsible for the complete program
management of a particular after school/day camp site. The Site
Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of their after
school/day camp site including; participant and parent
relationships, organizing and administering files and records
necessary for the program, supervision of staff, creation of
program activities, collecting fees and keeping track of supplies.
- Provide overall leadership, supervision and quality control to
- Collect fees as appropriate.
- Supervise all site staff appropriately.
- Create a positive atmosphere, which boosts self-esteem and
general self-concept of all participants.
- Plan/implement well-organized and well-varied activities based
on the mandated curriculum.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with parents about the
program and their child's participation. Inform parents when there
is a behavior problem that cannot be addressed adequately through
- Cooperate fully with school personnel to use facilities
- Work with the YMCA Afterschool Program Manager to ensure that
all standards required by the funding agencies and the YMCA are
complied with fully.
- Maintain individual participant records as required by
licensing standards and/or YMCA policies.
- Monitor daily attendance sheets and see that they are kept
organized and accurate.
- Report all incidents and accidents within 24 hours to the
- Adhere to the Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting requirements
which mandate by law all child care personnel to report suspicions
of child abuse, neglect, or abandonment. The YMCA requires
employees to follow the internal reporting procedures with the
assistance of the Program Managers.
- Ensure that the proper staffs to child ratios are maintained at
all times and reports discrepancies to the Site Supervisor as
needed. Job Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED and preferably one of the
following educational requirements:
- Post-secondary level vocational certificate in child care
through the State of Florida - level vocational certificate in
child care through State of Florida - Department of Education.
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited
college/university in appropriate area; as documented by
transcripts and/or degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years' work experience in a licensed
child care/day camp facility which includes direct contact with
children and supervision of staff.
- Ability to relate to both children and adults; understand,
practice and model YMCA Character Development values of Caring,
Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- The Site Supervisor of a licensed child care facility must be
at least twenty-one (21) years-old at the time of hire. Upon hire,
the Site Supervisor must have completed and hold certificates in:
- The Thirty (30) Hour Training Requirement consisting of (a)
Child Growth and Development, (b) Health, Safety and Nutrition, (c)
Child Care Facility State and Local Rules and Regulations, (d)
Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, and (e) Behavior
Observation and Assessment.
- The Ten (10) Hour Developmentally Appropriate Module
(preferred- School-Age Appropriate Practices).
- Eight (8) Hours of in-service in working with children with
Special Needs, or the Ten (10) Hour Special Needs Appropriate
- Active First Aid and CPR certification. It is the
responsibility of the Site Supervisor to complete and maintain all
necessary certifications, within the proper time frame, as set
forth by either the licensing agency, State of Florida or the YMCA
of South Florida. As a condition of employment, you will be
required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II
fingerprinting background screening. The YMCA of South Florida is a
Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal
Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation,
political affiliation, age or disability.
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale , Site Supervisor - General Population, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!