BUSINESS OPERATIONS ANALYST II
Company: Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG)
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 21, 2021
The primary mission of the Data Analyst role is to support
Product and Development in their transformation to become a data
driven organization. This position sits within the Office of the
CTO which is responsible for data stewardship and reporting for the
CTO's organization. The Data Analyst will analyze data, design and
build pipelines, serve as a subject matter expert for the Product
and Development organization and drive decision making. This role
requires talent and passion for collaboration and will be working
with skilled Data Analysts, Business Analysts and Business Leaders
in creating high-quality deliverables for customers and the
organization in the data domain. Skills essential to this role are
strong analysis, organization, written and verbal communication,
ability to grasp new domains quickly and a disciplined approach to
the processes specific to UKG. Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People.
UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and
Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our
employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and
innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to
create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that
empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the
globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be
inspired? Learn more at Primary/Essential Duties and Key
- You will focus on the analyzing data for product and
development organizations operate.
- You will have to manage competing priorities and stakeholder
needs. The ability to prioritize work will be critical to your
success in this role.
- You are a mix of analytical, technical, and operational, but
above all, a team player.
- You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply
critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable
recommendations; and drive those recommendations to execution.
- You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a
complicated problem, decomposing it, solving it and getting
stakeholder buy in on the solution.
- This is a senior level position and the individual is expected
to be capable of operating largely independently, providing
analytical guidance and support for the less experienced members of
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the Product
and Development businesses across multiple dimensions to understand
and anticipate stakeholder needs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Product and Development
data, initiatives and priorities.
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks for
our data initiatives using your business acumen and
- Develop visualizations, notifications and/or alerts to drive
business action, and ensure results of those actions can be
measured and monitored.
- Drive data quality by validating data & metrics calculations,
surfacing quality issues, documenting metadata, and remediating
data quality issues
- Participate in regular code reviews, promoting engineering best
practices, including reuse and testing.
- Mentor junior analysts on standards, best practices and
advanced analytics techniques.
- Query and transform data from multiple data sets and integrate
potentially large volumes of data from a variety of sources.
- Gathers data, performs analysis, operationalizes new datasets
into our pipeline, troubleshoots errors, continuously improves our
processes, removes technical debt, and redesigns datasets and
systems as needed. Required Qualifications
- Work experience in a data team with demonstrated
cross-functional and collaborative data experience, and a track
record of leveraging data for business impact.
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify opportunities for
value creation through data, and design creative and sustainable
- Polished communication skills and comfort and experience
working with stakeholders at all levels including senior
- Proven track record of designing and implementing processes,
data systems, improving business metrics in a resource-constrained
- Experience cleansing and integrating data from disparate data
- Ability to learn business processes quickly and identify
inefficiencies through analysis.
- Experience presenting to and influencing leadership on business
decisions based on insights gleaned from analytics.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems
independently and consider all stakeholder needs.
- Degree in STEM or an analytical field, or equivalent practical
- 2 years of relevant experience (e.g., as a analyst) or
equivalent. Analytical engagements outside class work while at
school can be included.
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Advanced SQL experience required
- Data visualization tools experience required
- Experience working on data team Preferred Qualifications:
- Python skill preferred
- 5+ years providing business insights using data and
- MBA or equivalent experience Physical Requirements:
- No unique physical requirements Travel Requirements:
- 0-5% This job description has been written to provide an
accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general
nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a
comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job.
Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that
other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with
disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate
statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable
accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the
Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the
Company's online employment application, please contact It has come
to our attention that some people have been contacted online by
persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These
fraudulent "recruiters" have used Gmail accounts to contact, and
have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to
purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters
or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely
apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please
click "Apply" and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter
emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email
address. If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a
related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and
then file a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint
Center at . If you shared other personal or sensitive information,
you may need to take additional actions relative to what was
shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to
assist. For any general security related questions regarding
Ultimate, feel free to email - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG), Fort Lauderdale , BUSINESS OPERATIONS ANALYST II, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!