Emergency Vehicle Technician II
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Emergency Vehicle Technician II
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Compensation & Benefits:
- Negotiable hourly rate of pay based on experience
- Relocation & sign-on bonus incentives
- Full benefits packages (health, dental, vision, 401k with
- Paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
General Job Summary:
The Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) must be properly trained to
work on equipment and systems that are unique to emergency
vehicles. EVTs must have the technological and electrical skills to
repair and maintain the specialized equipment found in ambulances,
fire trucks, and other emergency vehicles. Minimum three (3) years
of experience as an EVT Level II is required. Employee shall ensure
all required EVT Level II Certifications are maintained.
Diagnoses malfunctions and repairs emergency vehicles, advises and
trains lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex
repair/maintenance problems, inspects and approves completed
maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings,
wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications; uses
automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends,
analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and
document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs
emergency vehicles and associated equipment using various
conventional and digital equipment.
Test drive vehicles to ensure all repairs and maintenance have been
completed, transport vehicles in need of warranty repair to and
from various dealerships or repair facilities. Maintain
communications with members of the Fire Department to ensure
apparatus and equipment is properly cared for and maintained.
Maintains complete and accurate maintenance and repair records for
all apparatus and equipment. Conducts apparatus system performance
tests. Maintains cleanliness of assigned work area. Will attend
training courses, read and study assigned material related to
emergency operations and fire apparatus maintenance. Will perform
duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as an EVT Level II is
- Technological and electrical skills and experience repairing
and maintaining specialized equipment found in ambulances, fire
trucks, and other emergency vehicles.
- Must be able to lift, on an occasional basis, a maximum of 70
pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to work in cramped areas for prolonged periods
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions to
include intense heat, heavy wind, heavy rain.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Must acquire a valid CDL license within one year from the date
- Highest preference given to ASE or EVT Certifications, up to
and including Master Mechanics. Employee shall ensure all required
EVT Level II Certifications are maintained while employed.
- Must be able to climb, test and work on ladders and aerial
lifts up to 100 feet.
- Background check and drug screen required.
- Must demonstrate understanding of Safety and OSHA Law &
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Fort Lauderdale , Emergency Vehicle Technician II, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!