Maintenance Planner Scheduler - Pharma - South Florida LOCAL ONLY
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 20, 2020
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler in an SAP-using pharmaceutical
This position will provide Computerized Maintenance Management
System (CMMS) oversight using SAP PM (Plant Maintenance)
functionality at an SME (subject matter expert) Level of competence
to plan and schedule maintenance and calibration work for all
maintenance and calibration activities. This role will include
oversight of all Preventive Maintenance and Calibration
documentation requirements including initiating and expediting
change controls, issuing and reviewing the completion of planned
and unplanned (Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance)
work orders, routine and non-routine calibrations, and changes to
preventive maintenance and calibration procedures. This person will
work closely with the Production Planners to schedule maintenance
and calibration activities so that they minimize production
downtime and take advantage of planned windows of opportunity. This
person will also be the Mater Data Maintainer (MDM) for SAP PM.
- Support completion of implementation of SAP and transition out
of Blue Mountain Calibration Manager for facility, production, and
- Maintain and own SAP PM and the overall maintenance execution
process including all SOPs and WIs.
- Work closely with the Production Planners and the Engineering
and Maintenance teams (blending, coating, finishing, packaging,
facility, and calibration) to schedule all maintenance/calibration
work orders (preventive and corrective) to minimize production
downtime, take advantage of planned windows of opportunity, and
ensure they are all completed on time. This may include developing
scopes of work and developing detailed plans to coordinate the work
and in some cases project management of the work.
- Align engineering maintenance and calibration work to minimize
- Provide PM (maintenance and calibration) scheduling to
production planners and supply chain at minimum 2 weeks prior to
the month they are due.
- Print work orders and distribute to the teams with sufficient
time for teams to assign work.
- Review completed work orders for accuracy and completeness of
- Manage the storage of work order documentation
- Develop and maintain equipment information and equipment
- Develop and track KPIs and other metrics such as (but not
- PMs (maintenance and calibration) completed on time and those
that are overdue
- Downtime Caused by Breakdowns
- Actual Hours vs. Planned Hours for maintenance and calibration
- Create or modify preventive maintenance procedures and/or
calibration procedures to ensure that they are clear, complete, and
accurate as related to the expected time required, and the quality
of work performed.
- Train and support maintenance and calibration technicians as
necessary in SAP PM to ensure work orders are entered and completed
as scheduled and are documented properly.
- Drives an awareness and focus on safety including lock-out,
tag-out programs, appropriate equipment guarding measures, and all
other environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies, procedures, and state, federal, and local
- Routinely reviews preventive maintenance program content and
- The following job functions are specific to being the Master
Data Maintainer (MDM) for SAP PM:
- A) Review all QMS CCRs for SAP PM.
- B) Assist project teams with Equipment Numbering System and
support project managers with on-going equipment numbering issues
to ensure a complete and accurate equipment list is developed
throughout the project.
- C) Coordinate the creation and modification of accurate master
data records (equipment, BOMs, counters, measurement points,
maintenance tasks and maintenance plans), always focusing on the
best approach philosophy and identifying site harmonization areas
that need improvement. Ensure proper change control processes are
followed and data is consistent with departmental and company
- D) Provide recommendations to coordinators and supervisors with
SAP PM Maintenance tracking codes (object parts, damage, and
cause). These technical data codes for all equipment types assist
with standardizing maintenance documentation for the purpose of
equipment history tracking and trending analysis.
- E) Assist in compiling and formatting equipment data template
to be loaded into SAP PM during special projects.
- F) Review requests for new master data and ensure that all
required information is available and correct. Incorporate approved
changes to existing Standard Operating Procedures, Work
Instructions, Standard Documents and ensure SAP PM related master
data is up-to-date.
- G) Complete SAP PM related tasks on QMS CCRs.
- H) Ensure all CMMS activities are in full SOP and GMP
- I) Make recommendations to efficiently manage all facility
operations/maintenance related documentation to meet regulatory
- J) Interface with the engineer SAP PM group to ensure
- Operates in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Business
Ethics, and all established regulatory, compliance, and safety
- Performs all work in support of our values: Collaboration,
Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
SAP-using pharmaceutical company which is full steam ahead during
the pandemic, and they have a great working environment. The need
Education Bachelors in engineering or another technical field from
an accredited college or university preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance operations
within a manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical experience
- An understanding of GMP compliance.
- Scientific and personal computer hardware and software
applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
Access, Microsoft Project, and a CMMS Program (SAP PM
- Business English usage, spelling, grammar, and
- Basic mathematical and statistical computation methods and
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems set-up and
- Manufacturing equipment and facility equipment maintenance
- Project management, organization, and communication.
- Implementing practices for cost-effective management of
- Functioning successfully in a fast-paced work environment.
- Analyzing problems, identifying solutions, and implementing
procedures for resolution.
- Responding to inquiries from management, employees, and
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Managing multiple projects, duties, and assignments.
- Interpreting and applying federal, state, and local policies,
procedures, and regulations.
- Managing, coordinating, delegating assignments and reviewing
the work of assigned department personnel.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
- 5-10 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing
environment (pharmaceutical preferred)
- 2-3 years of Maintenance Planning and Scheduling experience
using a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (SAP PM
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Food and Drug
Administration (FDA), pharmaceutical manufacturing SOPs and other
regulatory requirements experience preferred.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Fort Lauderdale , Maintenance Planner Scheduler - Pharma - South Florida LOCAL ONLY, Professions , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!