Bilingual Claims Adjuster (Generalist)
Company: Responsive Auto Insurance Company
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Plantation, Florida, Responsive is a leading provider of personal auto insurance in Florida. We partner with thousands of agents representing the industry's best and most respected insurance agencies to deliver a top-notch service and claims experience. Our customers agree: in 2021, we received a Google reviews rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars-all because of the Responsive way we approach our business.
But Responsive is more than just our name-It's a promise to make auto insurance simple, affordable, and hassle-free. We regularly ask our employees, agents, and customers for feedback. It's how we make good on our mission: to continue raising the bar for service in auto insurance.
What You Will Do*
As a Bilingual Claims Adjuster, you'll work closely with customers, attorneys, medical providers, other insurance carriers, and vendors to resolve coverage, liability, and damages issues from start to finish. You'll also develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and resolve claims efficiently to ultimately advance to an adjuster role. Sample duties include:
* Investigate, evaluate, and settle insurance claims.
* Interact with customers on the phone and display courtesy, accuracy and uniformity.
* Carefully review policy to verify coverage and identify any coverage issues.
* Properly file and answer arbitrations.
* Write clear and accurate responses in response to demands, requests, or questions.
* Make informed recommendations when finalizing liability.
* Maintain detailed, accurate, and timely records.
* Continuously develop knowledge and expertise (e.g., job-relevant law, regulations, trends, and emerging issues).
* Conduct activities in compliance with applicable Federal & State laws, and company regulations and guidelines.
* This is a full-time position reporting to the Claims Generalist Manager.
* This job is located onsite in Plantation, Florida.
* Applicants must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Applicants must be willing to complete tasks outside of formal job requirements.
* Pay range - approximately $50,000 - $58,000; negotiable.
* New hires must complete new hire training in Plantation, Florida (typically 6-12 months)
* Pay: competitive pay and benefits offered
* Some relocation assistance is possible
_Responsive evaluates candidates using a variety of methods including interviews, work simulations, and writing assessments_
* Must be able to speak and write in Spanish and English fluently (will be assessed in an interview)
* Bachelor's degree
* Must have 2 years of adjuster experience with automobile property damage claims operating in Florida.
* Must be a Licensed Adjuster - All Lines required (FL 620 license)
* Must be able to develop and maintain customer relationships
* Must have experience in a production environment where time management, workload prioritization, case management, recordkeeping and documentation, accountability and follow up are key priorities
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
* Proficiency with software programs such as Word and Excel
* Curiosity and the ability to identify the right questions to ask customers
* Team player
*The Responsive Offer*
In addition to a friendly, collaborative environment, we offer a competitive benefits package, training, and ongoing growth opportunities including:
* Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
* Wellness & mental health programs
* Health savings accounts with company contributions & life insurance options
* Paid time off
* Holiday pay
* Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
* FMLA leave
* Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture
* Career development
*How to Apply*
Use the "Apply" button at the top of the page to upload a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and a current resume, and complete the application process.
The Responsive Culture*
At Responsive, we know we're only as good as our people, which is why we value integrity and humility. We also give our employees the freedom to make common-sense decisions and offer new opportunities for growth and movement across all our departments. You'd join a dynamic team of people who are:
* *Adaptable*: As the industry evolves, we embrace change instead of simply coping with it. New approaches and technologies? No problem.
* *Collaborative*: We accept personal responsibility and accept feedback from one another. We give and take suggestions respectfully and transparently.
* *Engaged*: We're curious and motivated to humbly serve our fellow team members and customers. We're open to new training opportunities and recognize that putting good ideas into action provides value to our customers.
* *Data-Driven*: To protect our capital and stakeholders while boldly seizing market opportunities, we make decisions after we collect and analyze facts. We also use data to learn lessons from both our successes and our mistakes.
_Responsive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status._
*Salary Description*$50,000 - $58,000; negotiable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year%55577046% %%insurance%%
Keywords: Responsive Auto Insurance Company, Fort Lauderdale , Bilingual Claims Adjuster (Generalist), Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
here to apply!