Senior Software Engineer
Company: ACR Electronics Inc
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ACR Electronics, Inc. is the leading development center for
emergency beacons that are designed with one purpose: to save
lives. Through our combined technology expertise in the marine,
aviation, outdoor and military markets, we design and manufacture
cutting-edge rescue beacons and survival gear for boaters, pilots,
hunters, hikers, climbers, cyclists, and combat troops, not to
mention many of the leading boat builders and aircraft
manufacturers in the industry.Since 1956, ACR's wide range of
survival products has been the choice of NASA, the U.S. Military,
the U.S. Coast Guard, and everyday explorers and adventurers across
the globe. With everything from emergency locator transmitters and
rescue beacons to the special flashlights used on Apollo 13 after
their onboard explosion, ACR builds products that are made to
perform during expeditions of all sizes.ACR is an Equal
Opportunity/Vet/Disability EmployerJob Summary of the Senior
Software EngineerACR Electronics is seeking a Senior Software
Engineer. Research, design, debug and develop embedded firmware for
RF-based emergency beacons for the marine, aviation, outdoor, and
military markets. Provide support to the engineering team in
debugging RF findings. Document design using Atlassian Tool Suite.
Resolve problem reports discovered through testing. This position
will report to the System and Software Engineering
ManagerResponsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer
- Develop embedded firmware.
- Develop test code.
- Perform code reviews.
- Participate in software development sprints.
- Participate in daily software development team standup
- Participate in software code reviews and peer reviews.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer
- Willingness to learn in a team-based environment.
- Commit Software Code to repositories.
- Commit Test Code to repositories.
- Perform code reviews.
- Maintain continuous integration and development processes.
- Derives software development and test requirements from given
- Performs concurrent hardware/software development and
- Develops and maintains software tools and firmware for control
and production test.
- Collaborates closely with hardware, software, manufacturing,
marketing, compliance, and quality group members within and outside
of the project team.
- Analyzes system software requirements to determine the
feasibility of design within performance, time, and cost
- Develops software programming, testing procedure, and
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to
evaluate the interface between hardware and software, and the
operational requirements of the overall system.
- Keeps up with current technology in the field through reading,
self-study, and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned by management Required
skills/abilities of the Senior Software Engineer
- 10+ years of software development or Object-Oriented
Programming language. (C, C++, C#, Java).
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- MPLAB IDE
- Code Composer IDE
- Eclipse IDE
- Segger Debugger Tools Knowledge, Education, and Experience of
the Senior Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering
- Knowledge and education in RF Engineering are a plus Physical
Requirements of the Senior Software Engineer
- May have to lift up to 15 pounds % Weight of Competency(Must
equal 100%)Competencies needed for the position
- Quality - Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a
priority, seeks opportunities to improve Code
- Dependability - Meets deadlines, works independently, is
accountable, maintains focus, punctual, good attendance record
- Sense of Urgency - Establishes appropriate priority, and gets
the job done in a timely manner Job-Specific Competencies (Must
have at least one)
- Quantity of Work - Completes quantity of work required
- Quality of Work - Performs expected quality of workACR offers
the following benefits:
- We offer medical, dental, and vision, which ACR pays a portion
- ACR pays for Life insurance up to two times base annual
earnings, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, as well as
short- and long-term disability for our employees.
- 401K which provides an employer match of 50% of your salary up
to 6%, with no vesting period!
- 10 paid Holidays
- 7 PTO days (prorated based on start date)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (prorated based on start date)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discount program for electronics, travel, and more.
ACR's Core Values:
- Customer Focus
- Safety PI202139162
Keywords: ACR Electronics Inc, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Software Engineer, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!