Entry Level Software Engineer
Company: ACR Electronics Inc
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ACR Electronics, Inc. is the leading development center for
emergency beacons that are designed with one purpose: to save
lives. Through our combined technology expertise in the marine,
aviation, outdoor and military markets, we design and manufacture
cutting-edge rescue beacons and survival gear for boaters, pilots,
hunters, hikers, climbers, cyclists, and combat troops, not to
mention many of the leading boat builders and aircraft
manufacturers in the industry.Since 1956, ACR's wide range of
survival products has been the choice of NASA, the U.S. Military,
the U.S. Coast Guard, and everyday explorers and adventurers across
the globe. With everything from emergency locator transmitters and
rescue beacons to the special flashlights used on Apollo 13 after
their onboard explosion, ACR builds products that are made to
perform during expeditions of all sizes.ACR is an Equal
Opportunity/Vet/Disability EmployerJob Summary of the Software
EngineerACR Electronics is seeking a software engineer. This
position will report to the System and Software Engineering
Manager. Research, design, and develop embedded firmware for
RF-based emergency beacons for the marine, aviation, outdoor, and
military markets. Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
- Develop embedded firmware.
- Develop test code.
- Document system requirements.
- Participate in development sprints.
- Participate in Daily Software Development team standup
- Participate in software code reviews and peer reviews.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
- Willingness to learn in a team-based environment.
- Commit Software Code to repositories.
- Commit Test Code to repositories.
- Perform code reviews.
- Maintain continuous integration and development processes.
- Derives software development and test requirements from given
- Performs concurrent hardware/software development and
- Develops and maintains software tools and firmware for control
and production test.
- Collaborates closely with hardware, software, manufacturing,
marketing, compliance, and quality group members within and outside
of the project team.
- Analyzes system software requirements to determine the
feasibility of design within performance, time, and cost
- Develops software programming, testing procedure, and
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to
evaluate the interface between hardware and software, and the
operational requirements of the overall system.
- Keeps up with current technology in the field through reading,
self-study, and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned by management Required
skills/abilities of the Software Engineer
- Ability to code in functional or Object-Oriented Programming
language. (C, C++, C#, Java). Knowledge, Education, and Experience
of the Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering required Physical
Requirements of the Software Engineer
- May have to lift up to 15 pounds % Weight of Competency(Must
equal 100%)Competencies needed for the position
- Quality - Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a
priority, seeks opportunities to improve Code
- Dependability - Meets deadlines, works independently, is
accountable, maintains focus, punctual, good attendance record
- Sense of Urgency - Establishes appropriate priority, and gets
the job done in a timely manner Job-Specific Competencies
- Quantity of Work - Completes quantity of work required
- Quality of Work - Performs expected quality of workACR offers
the following benefits:
- We offer medical, dental, and vision, which ACR pays a portion
- ACR pays for Life insurance up to two times base annual
earnings, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, as well as
short- and long-term disability for our employees.
- 401K which provides an employer match of 50% of your salary up
to 6%, with no vesting period!
- 10 paid Holidays
- 7 PTO days (prorated based on start date)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (prorated based on start date)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discount program for electronics, travel, and more.
ACR's Core Values:
- Customer Focus
- Safety PI202141768
Keywords: ACR Electronics Inc, Fort Lauderdale , Entry Level Software Engineer, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!