Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology $20k Sign on Bonus
Company: Holy Cross Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Full time Shift:
Description: Registered Nurse - Provide direct patient care in busy
Interventional Radiology (IR). Prepare patients, monitor patients
during procedures, and recover patients. Work with
multidisciplinary team caring for outpatients as well as
hospitalized patients. Perform nursing assessments, provide
patient/family education, assist physician as needed for patient
undergoing diagnostic and/or interventional procedures in IR.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology
pertinent to procedures being performed in Interventional Radiology
(IR) including, but not limited to, arteriograms for cerebral,
renal, mesenteric, pelvic and extremity circulation (possible
angioplasty/stent placement/thrombolytic therapy/embolization);
percutaneous gastrostomy tube procedures; percutaneous nephrostomy
and urologic stenting procedures; venous access procedures;
venography of the extremities; inferior and superior vena cava
(possible angioplasty/stent placement/filter placement/thrombolytic
therapy); percutaneous cholangiogram (possible balloon
dilation/stent placement/drainage catheter placement/stone
extraction); transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt; adrenal
vein sampling; and, endovascular repair of thoracic and abdominal
- Capable of providing patient/family education regarding
Interventional Radiology procedures.
- Performs nursing assessment when evaluating and preparing
patients for procedures in Interventional Radiology.
- Demonstrates competency in initiation/discontinuation of
intravenous access including peripheral IV starts and subcutaneous
- Demonstrates competency in the administration of moderate
sedation and patient monitoring pre-, intra-, and
- Provides safe patient care by assisting with patient transfers
and demonstrates proper positioning of patients presenting for
diagnostic and/or interventional procedures.
- Assists physician with sterile procedures, complies with
Universal Precautions and Infection Control policies
- Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam
accuracy before administering exam.
- Is willing to work in fast paced, critical care environment,
handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Maintains readiness of IR admitting/recovery area and
procedural areas by performing routine checks on equipment and
maintaining par levels for products used in IR. Promptly reports
any concerns or deficiencies to biomed/supervisor/management.
- Participates in quality improvement and activities to meet
patient satisfaction goals.
- Attends departmental meetings, interacts with other members of
the team in a professional manner, and works with team to meet
- Participates in on-call rotation, responding within 30 minutes
for all callbacks
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the needs of the
patients are met and to support daily operations in Interventional
Radiology. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology $20k Sign on Bonus, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!