Healthy Living Specialist
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The YMCA of South Florida's Weston YMCA Family Center is now
hiring a Healthy Living Specialist. The Healthy Living Specialist
position will maintain the floor to standard expectations;
re-racking weights and plates, sanitizing and cleaning equipment as
necessary, maintaining all wellness areas are free from obstruction
and the Items used In the group ex classes, or the wellness floor
are In the appropriate areas. Additionally, this position requires
the staff to act as a membership liaison, greet members, aid with
location of classes and/or Information and to engage with members
throughout their shifts. A flexible schedule Is preferred, Hours of
operation range from Sam to 9pm, 7 days per week.Essential
- Prime responsibility Is to engage and connect with members,
welcome members, aid and provide a sense of community and
belonging. Meet and greet every member. Learn the names of members
and use the "Sft, 1 Oft rule" on the floor approach to greeting
- Maintain a safe wellness floor and other community areas.
Re-rack weights, plates, dumbbells, and place In the appropriate
areas. Keep the floor safe and maintain cleanliness standards.
- Report safety hazards Immediately and have a working knowledge
of the Incident reporting process. Be a point of contact In cases
of emergency and have a thorough working knowledge of the fire
drill procedure, child safety procedure and/or other emergency
- Must be aware of the Wellness Orientation process and recommend
members schedule the WO at the membership desk and/or with a
- Must understand the process of the Wellness Orientation from
the POS to the SHLD and how this helps the member. Generate
Interest In members learning and booking Wellness Orientations and
the benefits of these appointments.
- Maintain a general working knowledge of health and fitness and
provide potential solutions to members if questions arise. This
would be to direct the member to the personal training staff or the
- Interacting and showing Interest in the membership and the YMCA
community and to encourage members to use the YMCA App, the
website, social media and to encourage participation in the
challenges, events, and group exercise classes.
- Have a complete understanding of the programs offered by the
YMCA, in terms of Sports, Wellness, Group Exercise, Aquatics,
Dance, Membership and more.
- Remain current and knowledgeable on the various programs,
prices for small group, and personal training, Know the personal
trainer's bias and the specialties they provide.
- Understand the Fitness Challenges thoroughly each month and
know the program schedules for special events.
- Provide exemplary service equally to all members and staff,
create energy and enjoyment to members.
- Interact with members during the start and end of classes and
aid the HL Manager with group exercise and members who attend
classes. Assist the HL manager with communicating the reservation
process and the Group Exercise policies.
- Consistently complete assignments, specific job requirements
professionally, promptly and on time. Be able to communicate
professionally, answer dally emails appropriately with correct
grammar, and in a timely manner.
- Assist either the SHLD or HL Manager with date entry,
recording, reporting or additional reporting when necessary,
- Other duties as assigned,Position Profile:
- Dynamic individual with outgoing, energetic and collaborative
- Punctual, organized and responsible.
- Ability to sell and engage new customers.
- Analytical, organized, driven by attaining results.
- Enjoys working with people of all ages.Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years related fitness experience preferred,
- Once attained, certification in areas of expertise maintain up
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and
- Minimum 2-3 years of customer service, sales experience is
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, a plus.
- Knowledge of the principles related to the improvement of
overall fitness levels.Certifications:
- CPR/First Aid and AED certified within 90 days of being
hired.As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit
to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting
background screening and drug test.As a Drug-Free Workplace, all
new hires must successfully complete a urinalysis within 72 hours
of notice. Failure to complete the drug test within this timeframe
will automatically disqualify you from employment. Please note
Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt you from successfully passing
your drug test.The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy
of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace
because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale , Healthy Living Specialist, Other , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!