Charge Support Specialist On Site
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Description Integrated Regional Laboratories 3201 SW 15th Street
Deerfield Beach, FL
IntroductionAre you looking for a work environment where diversity
and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Charge
Support Specialist On Site opening with IRL - East FL Core Lab
today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA
Healthcare team.BenefitsIRL - East FL Core Lab, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Charge Support Specialist On Site for our team
to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high
quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these
reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each
other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels
patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Charge Support Specialist is
responsible to create and confirm patient demographics, verify
insurance, and review charges in the Practice Management System.
They also work the pre- and post-bill claim edits and resolve the
pre-collect list for assigned facilities.
- Ensure patient demographics are entered timely and accurately
into the Practice Management System in accordance with departmental
policies and procedures
- Add or update patient insurance and verify insurance for
- Review charges in hospital systems or charge documents received
- Resolve pre- and post-bill claim edits by researching issue and
determining appropriate resolution
- Review claims and ensure timely billing * Reconcile failed
interfaced charges to ensure timely billing
- Resolve or escalate issues preventing successful claim
generation, such as Provider, date of service, coding, and
- Resolve billing issues prior to assignment to Collections
- Keep Management apprised of matters regarding charge
- Meet and maintain established departmental performance metrics
for production and quality
- Maintain working knowledge of workflow, systems, and tools used
in the department
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED preferred Experience Minimum one year
related physician billing or charge support experience preferred.
Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total
patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services
include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital
billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance,
credentialing, health information management, customer service,
payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue
cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid
Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has
over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and
3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients,
providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Charge
Support Specialist On Site opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly
contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Fort Lauderdale , Charge Support Specialist On Site, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!