Company: Sepi, Inc.
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Responsible for a variety of challenging duties that cover both
current and long-range planning. The incumbent in this position may
also provide support on special projects, assist with various
boards and public hearings, and may be involved in regular
development review and planning staff meetings. Essential
- Evaluates land use and other development applications and site
plans for compliance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Monitors assigned land use and other planning applications through
the approval process, prepares reports, ordinances and
- Assists in the development of comprehensive plans and master
plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports,
and recommendations; coordinates with other agencies as
- Provides information on land use applications, ordinances,
codes, plans, and related planning programs, services, or
regulations to architects, engineers, developers, contractors,
owners, community groups, and interested persons.
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports, and related information
for decision-making purposes.
- Conducts technical research studies, analyzes data, and
prepares s reports and recommendations for drafting or revising
local legislation and plans, projecting trends, monitoring
socioeconomic data, etc.
- Assists in the enforcement of local ordinances and in
interpreting municipal codes.
- Updates a variety of maps; prepares graphics, maps and/or
PowerPoint presentations for a variety of reports, publications or
- Assists in maintaining databases of information for planning
- Responds to local citizens inquiring about local planning and
zoning regulations and ordinances.
- Provides on-site staffing at local municipal office located
throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties depending
upon contract needs.Additional Responsibilities:
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and
local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all
company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Review building permits and occupational licenses for
compliance with zoning regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or
requested by management.Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer,
scanning, copy machine, etc.)Education, Training, Experience and
- Graduation from an PAB-accredited four-year college or
university program with a degree in Urban, City or Regional
Planning or a related field.
- Master's Degree preferred. Candidates without a master's degree
should be in the process of obtaining a master's degree or have
more than three years of full-time planning experience.
- AICP to be obtained upon eligibility.Knowledge, Skills and
- Must have a current valid Driver's License.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Adobe Creative Suite proficiency is preferred.
- General knowledge of zoning laws and comprehensive plans
including their formation, process of adoption, and enforcement,
and planning programs and processes.
- Must be able to succinctly analyze data, communicate
effectively orally and in writing with a variety of professionals;
and establish effective working relationships.
- Must possess excellent work ethic, attention to detail,
capability to problem solve, ability to multi-task and meet
- Must have strong analytical and written communication
- Must be comfortable in public speaking
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop,
kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.Working
- Work in indoor office environment 80% of the time.
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed.
Keywords: Sepi, Inc., Fort Lauderdale , Planner, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!