Company: West Marine
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Under general supervision, this position provides a high level of
customer service support with product expertise and advanced
selling skills. They use both experience and knowledge to build
customer relationships and drive sales. He or She will ask the
customer questions to determine their needs and engage the customer
with their product knowledge, suggest selling items for the
customer's immediate needs and recommend additional items and/or
services that will compliment the customers' destination or boating
experience. They will perform related work as required. They will
participate in the coaching and development of Associates and other
company initiatives in the department they lead. This position
reports to the Sales Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in hiring, training, coaching, and developing
- Work with department's Associates to plan and execute meeting
and exceeding the store's annual sales and contribution goals.
- Communicate, coach and train store Associates on important
information about products, sales techniques, company policies and
guidelines or business related issues.
- Schedule Associates effectively to ensure maximum floor
coverage for better than expected customer service and achieving
store sales within the department's payroll budget.
- Coach Associates within the department they lead to achieve
Store's sales plan. Strive to achieve individual sales plan. Work
through Associates within the department to achieve the
department's sales plan.
- Actively participate in programs and procedures that drive
sales and coach Associates within their department to highly
execute programs and procedures.
- Be aware of current promotional items and the correct pricing
with in the department.
- Receive and display product shipments on store retail shelves
within twenty-four hours of delivery.
- Complete assigned tasks in department's Daily Checklist, Weekly
Checklist, Monthly Checklist and Master Checklist. Distribute work
appropriately to Associates within the department.
- Work with fellow Associates to maintain that Asset Protection
standards are met at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer support with expertise in
boating products; build customer relationships.
- Provide product knowledge to customers through the features,
values and benefits of each product.
- Suggestively sell additional items and services that the
customer may not have anticipated.
- Correctly handle all register transactions.
- Handle returns/complaints graciously and effectively.
- Answer the telephone within three rings.
- Knowledge of all product services and order entry.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Prior boating and sales experience preferred. Superior customer
service and communication skills. Must be able to work a standard
workday as set by West Marine. Must be able to lift forty pounds to
shoulder height unassisted. Must have the ability to wear and
communicate through a headset. Must have a flexible schedule and be
able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Keywords: West Marine, Fort Lauderdale , Department Lead, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!