Senior, Employee Compliance
Company: Magic Leap
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Reporting directly to the Chief Transformation and People Officer,
the Senior, Employee Compliance will conduct high risk/profile,
critical impact, numerous parties, or sensitive investigations and
provide advice and direction regarding employee relations (ER)
matters to leadership, managers, and employees across the
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for partnering with
Magic Leap's legal team to ensure the Company's compliance with
federal, state, and local labor & employment laws and adherence to
Magic Leap's policies is met consistently, objectively, and
fairly.This role will partner closely with the HRBPs, DE&I,
L&D, Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition, and the Legal
team to meet these objectives.
- Define the process for data collection and evaluation for any
Employee compliance cases, including capture form, the process for
reporting, the process for investigation and/or escalation, and
process for resolution.
- Provide expertise, consultation, guidance, and coaching to
leadership, managers, and HRBPs to address employee behavior and
performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the
development and delivery of appropriate feedback or
corrective/disciplinary actions which align with Magic Leap's
approach, practices, and processes.
- Conduct HR investigations to include: gathering and analyzing
facts, applying relevant laws, policies, and past practice to reach
conclusions, and recommending management actions. Partners with
Legal Counsel, Internal Audit, and other internal investigative
bodies, as necessary.
- Partner with DE&I and Employee Experience to ensure
compliance of Magic Leap's employee advocacy strategy.
- Develop proactive strategies that mitigate risk and ensure
compliance within the company.
- Partner with L&D to ensure compliance of training to
improve overall people leadership skills.
- Partner with TA on background checks and employment
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure
compliance of People related programs and investigations.
- Maintain required documentation, including intake and
investigative notes, supporting documents, and final
- Monitor Employee compliance trends, local and federal law
changes, and rulings that potentially impact Magic Leap.
- Proactively implement solutions that cut across multiple
disciplines, and ensure that Magic Leap is compliant and updated on
all local employment laws.
- Participate in calibration dialog if needed to ensure
consistency of practices.
- Create a dashboard and update systems as needed. Be the liaison
for hotlines and systems implemented for employee reporting (e.g.,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Research and respond to employee relations matters.
- Guidance to leaders to appropriately resolve concerns.
- Employee advocacy, training, and communication.
- Influence business decisions to balance employee and business
- Coach leadership on topics related to creating an optimal
working relationship with employees.
- Assess working conditions, safety, employee experience, and
- Conduct on-site responses to engagement and environmental
- Deliver site-specific action plans and follow-ups.
- Analyze employee data to identify areas of focus.
- Deliver standard and scheduled updates and report to senior
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity,
multiple priorities, and constantly changing scenarios. Experience
working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment is a
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices,
procedures, and business plans.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external
business issues to improve the delivery of services.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day
work and deliverables.
- Requires a general understanding of international business and
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Master's degree preferred.
- BS/BA degree required, with at least 12 years of relevant
experience, focused on employee relations or employment law. A
Master's or JD is strongly preferred.
- Mastery of employment law basics and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to translate data and predictive analytics
into proactive actions for the organization to prevent or preempt
unfavorable employee experience trends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high EQ, great
communication skills (written and oral), and the ability to build
trust and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Experience diffusing tension and effectively mediating
- Presentation and training design and facilitation
- Previous Tech/Startup experience is a plus.
- The position will require travel as needed.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to
Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Keywords: Magic Leap, Fort Lauderdale , Senior, Employee Compliance, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!