Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 3, 2022
General Purpose:Provide incidental activities of daily living to
clients in the home setting as permitted by the policies and
procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state or
local law and regulations.Essential Functions:
- Performs and assists clients with incidental activities of
daily living such as, homemaking, shopping, supporting a clean and
safe physical environment and preparation of meals, reinforcing
adequate fluid and nutritional intake.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as standard
precautions, hand washing, and personal protective equipment.
- Recognizes, documents and reports changes in client environment
and safety to supervisor.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and organizes
- Attends mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provides
requested documents to keep employee file current. -
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization/department.The Interim HealthCare Homemaker may
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedure, which
is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Reconcile bank statements, endorse checks, or use any form of
the client's credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM).Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Any training required by state law or regulation or
- Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification or similar life experience.Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities Required: -
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency)
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid driver's
license as required by the organization's insurance carrier if
assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
- Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner
understood by most people.
- Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations. Working Conditions &
Physical Effort: -
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds in order to
carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Fort Lauderdale , Homemaker, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!