Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Summary & ObjectiveTherapist, Physical plan and execute
rehabilitation programs to reduce pain and improve, restore or
maintain mobility in order to help patients and/or residents return
to a higher level of physical function.
- Perform initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations
according to American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) standards
of practice as well as state standards.
- Develop plan of care for each patient based on initial and
ongoing evaluations including short and long term goals in
collaboration of other clinical personnel and required patient and
- Completes scheduled patient load.
- Completes or provides necessary MDS and Care Plan documentation
specific to Physical Therapy.
- Completes all necessary documentation in a timely
manner.*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
- Report patients and/or residents progress and/or changes to
other clinical personnel involved in ongoing treatment/care of
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census
- Maintain your required license, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or
resident care needs.
- Perform other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift or assist in lifting 250+ pounds,
push/pull up to 250+ pounds, occasionally pivot transfer 250+
pounds, walk, climb stairs or ladders, stand on feet for extended
periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Physical Therapy license to practice in the
state of Florida
- CPR certification
- BS, Master's Degree or Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from
a physical therapy program approved by the Commission on
Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- 2 years clinical experience preferred
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , Caregiver, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!