Company: Balfour Beatty Construction
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking an Assistant Superintendent.
Monitors work performance, progress and productivity of
subcontractors and laborers/craft workers. Assists in monitoring
costs as specified in contract documents. Directly oversee the
performance of workers completing all phases of construction to
meet company standards and owner expectations.
* Project Financial Responsibilities
* Preconstruction Services
* Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Project Administration, Operations, and Close-Out
* Promote Customer Relations
* Promote Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Five years or more of commercial construction experience.
* Two years or more of direct supervisory experience related to
staff and subcontractor management.
* Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company
communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* Ability to read plans and specs.
* Local qualified candidates, highly encouraged to apply.
* Tier 1 construction backgrounds, helpful for this role, but not
* Project history backgrounds in high-rise office, corporate office
buildings and/or hospitality/hotels highly desired.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general
contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build
services for public and private sector clients across the nation.
Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build
the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important
role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is
fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices
and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through
Zero Harm, we are challenging the construction industry's
assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should
come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building contractors
by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of
London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the
value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any
other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process, please contact Human Resources at:
Phone: (214) 468-4700
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Construction, Fort Lauderdale , Assistant Superintendent, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!