Company: Rycon Construction
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Rycon Construction, Inc. is an ENR Top
400 Contractor providing preconstruction, general contracting, and
construction management services throughout the US. With offices in
Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Cleveland, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers,
Philadelphia, Texas, and Washington, DC, Rycon specializes in new
construction, renovations, and design-build projects. Rycon's
portfolio consists of projects valued up to $200 million each
including work in health care, education, industrial, commercial,
multi-unit residential, retail, financial, governmental, and LEED
facilities.We are seeking an experienced project executive for our
Fort Lauderdale office.The Project Executive will oversee Project
Managers, Assistant Project Mangers, Project Engineers, and the
day-to-day management of the projects they are assigned. The
Project Executive will also protect and promote the interests of
Rycon Construction in all matters on assigned projects, and to take
actions as needed to ensure successful completion of the project.
What you will do:
- Oversee the Project Management Team for assigned projects under
his direction, including, Project Managers, Project Engineers and
their Administrative Assistants and coordinate and advise on
purchasing, cost accounting, and day-to-day construction
- Establish and Monitor administrative procedures for the project
and ensure that Rycon policies and procedures are being adhered
- Advise and direct Project Management Team on the project
schedule and ensure that schedules are accurate, milestone and
completion dates are incorporated, and regular updates are
- Review the Owner Contract with the Project Management Team and
ensure that terms of the contract are understood by the team.
Attempt to resolve any disputed terms of the Contract with the
Owner and seek counsel from Rycon Executives as needed to
- Review Markups to Rycon's subcontractor agreements and help
Project Manager to resolve any disputed terms to Rycon's Standard
Agreement with the Subcontractor
- Monitor each Project Management Team Staff and report to the VP
of Operations regarding any necessary adjustments to the Project
Staff to ensure a successful project. Review with each member of
the Project Team, their roles and responsibilities on the
- Monitor the progress of each assigned project and meet
regularly with Project Managers to ensure on time and within budget
completion and help to resolve issues.
- Ensure that changes to each project are being appropriately
addressed by the Project Management Team and that Change Order
Requests are being submitted on time.
- Advise the Pre-Construction Staff on cost issues arising on
each project that may be result of missed scope or an unqualified
- Monitor costs and profitability of each project assigned and
report on a monthly or regular basis to the VP of Operations on the
profitability of each project and the issues arising on the
- Meet with and maintain effective relationships with Architects,
Owners and Construction Managers, on a regular basis, to review
budget and schedule, help to resolve issues, and protect and
promote the interests of Rycon Construction.
- Take necessary actions and meet with Owners and Architects as
needed on specific project issues that cannot be resolved by the
Project Management Team.
- Develop new business by occasionally meeting with prospective
or existing clients to generate new work.
- Monitor Rycon administrative procedures and internal processes
and develop ways to improve operations.
- Meet with Accounting Staff on a regular basis to review
billings on each project. Take appropriate action as needed for
late or non-payment. Monitor payment processes with each Project
Manager and ensure that applications for payments are being
submitted on time.
- Develop ways to train and improve management staff
- Perform annual reviews with Project Manager and Project
Engineers as directed.
- Meet with Field Operations on a regular basis to review and
strengthen Field-Office Staff relations, exchange information, and
review and resolve field operation issues.
- Ensure that the Project Management Team is coordinating Safety
Issues and High-Risk operations with the Rycon Safety
- Attend Project meetings as needed to maintain a full
understanding and overview of costs, schedule, and issues of each
- Ensure that the Project Management Teams completes closeout of
a completed project including, submission of all closeout
documents, completion of any punchlist and processing of final
payment. What you will need to be successful:
- Minimum of eight (8) + years' experience in managing multiple
retail commercial projects valued at $5 million and up.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to direct complex projects from concept
to fully operational status.
- Computer Skills Required – Microsoft Project and Microsoft
Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to create material take-offs.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Marketing and presentation skills.
- Should be highly organized, highly motivated and a detail
directed problem solver.
- College degree in a construction/engineering field preferred,
but not required. At Rycon Construction, Inc. we believe
outstanding employees build the foundation necessary for excellence
in business. It is with this belief that we are always looking for
the best qualified and most talented employees to become part of
our team. Rycon offers advancement opportunities along with an
excellent salary and benefits package that includes, medical,
dental, vision, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and 401(k).
Qualified candidates will be required to submit to a background
screening upon acceptance of an offer. Rycon Construction Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Rycon Construction, Fort Lauderdale , Project Executive, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!