Company: The Westin Beach Ft Lauderdale
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Perform protective, preventative, safety and security related
enforcement functions touring hotel complex to ensure the safety
and well being of all hotel guests, associates and vendors.
Implements and monitors all related SOP's, Mission Vision and
Values in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with
emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats.
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs
of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify
potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio,
bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests,
and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient
response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety
hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and
- Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy
as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests,
associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or
carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage,
wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering
around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel.
Promote safe work practices.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in
a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the
case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the
supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property
including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location
of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Escape to The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and discover the
"Venice of America." Spectacular views of the ocean or Intracoastal
Waterway and the sound of lapping waves stimulate your senses, day
and night. We are the best place to work on the beach according to
our associates with an AOS score of 95%. We offer free employee
lunch, free parking, and monetary incentives based off of Trip
Advisor and GSS mentions. Come find your home away from home and
join the Westin team today!We value U.S. military experience and
invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: The Westin Beach Ft Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale , Security Officer, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!