NURSE, REGISTERED FIELD (Full Time)
Company: Catholic Home Health Services of Broward
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Summary & Objective The Nurse, Registered Field is responsible
to provide direct and indirect patient care services primarily on a
visiting and intermittent basis in the patient's home in accordance
with the policies and procedures of Catholic Home Health Services.
Such care must be provided in accordance with current Federal,
State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern
the agency, and as may be required by the Clinical manager,
Director of Professional Services, or the Administrator to ensure
that the highest quality care is maintained at all times. Essential
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments to identify the
physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of home health
- Completes assessments at appropriate time points, including
- Regularly re-evaluate the patients nursing needs and evaluates
the outcomes of care.
- Assists patients in the recovery or maintenance of life
functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
- Develop, initiate, and revise the Plan of Care (POC) as
necessary to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Plans for discharge of the client from services.
- Provide effective communication to patients, their families,
team members, and other health care professionals. Regular
participation in Case Conference.
- Apply concepts of agency's infection control plan and universal
precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to
protect both patient and staff (OSHA).
- Coordinate services and informs the physician and other
personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Develops Home Health Aide Care Plan and perform supervisory
visits for HHA and LPN as required
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure
compliance with agency policy.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating
in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share
information only when recipient's right to access is clearly
established and sharing of such information is in the best interest
of the patient.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient/resident's
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc. Disclaimer The job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or be assigned at any time. EEOC Statement CHS provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- At least 1 year or more with current/active Florida State
- At least 1 year of more experience working with a Medicare
Certified Home Health agency
- OASIS SOC Competency
- Knowledgeable of AHCA regulations, Medicare COP's
- Proficient with use of computers.
- Ability & willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Home Health Services of Broward, Fort Lauderdale , NURSE, REGISTERED FIELD (Full Time), Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!