Appointment Specialist I
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Exceptional care is a team effort. Even if you've never
considered healthcare as a next step, you'll find there are many
paths to creating a career at Cleveland Clinic centered on what
matters most to you.
Our Appointment Center is looking to hire an Appointment Center
Specialist to answer inbound calls from patients who need
assistance regarding scheduling appointments, canceling
appointments, or who have general questions. This position requires
candidates to be quick thinkers, have high energy, and have
excellent customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have
empathy, passion, and attention to detail. The Appointment Center
is a busy, dynamic call center, so being able to handle high call
volumes without getting overwhelmed is important.
To assist with the position's orientation, all new hires go through
an extensive on-boarding process where the training team guides you
through the entire process. Once proficient in your role, there are
many opportunities to advance within and outside of the department.
For example, all of our team lead positions and supervisor
positions have been filled by internal talent, and as you move
through the tiers within your Specialist role you will receive pay
increases for taking on additional skills. If helping others,
learning quickly, career growth, and excellent benefits matter most
to you, then we encourage you to apply today.
Cleveland Clinic invests in our caregivers, technologies, and
processes because working together is how we all learn and grow.
Join us, and you'll experience the difference of a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand in
- Preregisters new patients to the Cleveland Clinic, following
the specific guidelines of CCF.
- Determines correct physician within the specified department
with the correct insurance and credentialing.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility to procure referrals for
HMO patients seeing CCF specialists.
- Schedules appointments requested through the CCF WEB site.
- Meets standards related to call responses, accuracy and
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- High School Diploma, college or technical training a plus.
- Phone, Typing computer and Internet skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate
effectively with internal and external personnel and strong oral
and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with patients, physicians and interoffice
personnel in a positive and productive manner. Ability to calm
patients and deter patient complaints.
- Must have ability to multi-task.
- Must speak clearly and succinctly in order for the customer to
answer questions and comprehend instructions. Certifications:
- None required. Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes
attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that
enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer
needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. This description of duties is not intended to be
all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of
supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of
responsibility. Work -Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the medical field and/or
2 years of customer service. Physical Requirements:
- -Able to relate to other health care workers and develop
productive work relationships with peers and physicians.
- Projects a cooperative helping demeanor.
- Be able to perform under stressful conditions.
- Is flexible and able to adjust to changes in assignments. Able
to work under minimal supervision, prioritizes workload and meet
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, work in front of a
computer monitor and use keyboard for sustained periods of time.
Must be able to walk about the department and lift and carry paper,
notebooks up to 10 pounds without assistant.
- -The occupant of this position spends almost 100% of his/her
time in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body
fluids or potentially infectious material is minimal to none.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures. The policy of Cleveland
Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic
Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our
employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and
drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by
testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be
rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for
nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland
Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply
for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention
program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required
to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an
influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Appointment Specialist I, Other , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!