RECREATION SPECIALIST I (Summer Camp)
Company: City of Fort Lauderdale, FL
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY THIS POSTING IS FOR SUMMER HIRE ONLY June 20 -
August 5, 2022 PAY RATE: $15.82 An employee in this class is
responsible for the organization and personal leadership of a
variety of recreation activities in an indoor and/or outdoor
recreation setting or facility. Due to the varying nature of this
position, example duties listed below are dependent on facility
assignment and program needs. Specialized training may be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Essential functions are the basic job
duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without
reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as
outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks
performed within this classification. The omission of a function
does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not
listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Helps in maintaining order and enforcing rules and regulations
at recreational facilities
- Assists in maintaining safety and health standards at
facilities and during programs
- Selects materials and adopts suitable teaching materials for
- Sets up and breakdowns of facilities, programs and events
- May be required to complete departmental forms
- May be required to instruct programs such as, art, dance,
sports, fitness, etc.
- May serve as a sports official, score keeper, or coach during
youth or teen sports
- May serve as a food monitor during summer camp or after school
programs (must provide own vehicle)
- May assists camp director during camp programs
- May serve as a swim instructor
- May serve as team lead when necessary
- May work weekends, nights and holidays
- Performs related work as required. JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK
- High school Diploma or G.E.D. or be a graduating senior.
- May be 17 years old if a graduating senior in high school.
Otherwise, must be 18 years old or older.
- If working as a youth or teen sports official, must possess six
(6) months experience in sports instruction or officiating.
- If working as a swim instructor, must possess valid American
Red Cross CPR for Professional Rescuer and First Aid certificate
and AED certification
- Candidates must pass a fingerprinting/background screening
process prior to employment PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The noise level in the work environment is
quiet to moderately loud. The work entails sedentary work in an
office setting. While performing duties, employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below
shoulders, and use hand and fingers dexterity keyboarding. The
employee may be required occasionally to lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to perform physical activities for extended period of time.
May require working in adverse weather conditions such as rain,
heat and humidity.Sometimes work is stressful when working under
stringent time constraints. Vocal communication is required for
expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and
conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately,
loudly, or quickly. Hearing is required to perceive information at
normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information
through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in
sound; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color
perception.The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION Applications
will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those
applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience
for the position. Closing Date/Time: 7/1/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Keywords: City of Fort Lauderdale, FL, Fort Lauderdale , RECREATION SPECIALIST I (Summer Camp), Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!