Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Scribe-X Lead Medical Scribe is a critical member of a
patient care team. Lead Medical Scribes work side-by-side with
providers to prepare for and document provider/patient encounters
using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) in real-time. Extensive
Scribe-X training ensures the Lead Medical Scribe successfully
assists the provider to increase efficiency and quality of patient
care in a clinic setting.
Lead Medical Scribes perform all the duties of a Medical Scribe in
addition to other duties as described below. They have the
opportunity to train for the Scribe-X position of Training
Consultant through varied EMR and scribing assignments serving in a
variety of clinics and specialties. Additional Train the Trainer
education prepares the Lead Medical Scribe as a Consultant to the
clinic and provider in preparing for a new medical scribe, as well
as the day-to-day Training of a medical scribe and provider.
Ask a recruiter for details on the role of a Training
Duties of a Medical Scribe:
- Perform chart preparation per clinic protocol.
- Assist the provider with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to
document all scheduled patient visits.
- Document the patient history, physical exam, procedures,
patient visit and care plan in the EMR, as performed by the
- Enter laboratory and radiographic studies as ordered by the
- Enter medication orders as dictated by the provider.
- Document and print after-visit instructions for the
- Review completed charts with the provider between scheduled
patient exams or at the completion of the shift.
- Update Scribe-X provider preference and clinic preference
documents as necessary.
- The scribe is professionally attired, and punctual and prepared
for their shift.
Additional Responsibilities as a Lead Scribe:
- Will scribe in a Scribe-X float pool, when a service gap occurs
with a new provider, or to provide schedule coverage for a scribe
- Be responsive to feedback and improvement opportunities as
presented by clinic/provider or Scribe-X manager.
- Communicate to all clinic team members in a professional
- Occasionally perform assigned administrative duties at the
Lead Medical Scribe shifts will vary, dependent on the schedulers
need to cover shifts, clinic/provider assignment and employee
availability. Current range is three to five days a week, eight to
Hire and TrainingLead Medical Scribe applicants will experience an
interview with the Scribe-X Recruiter and Director of Operations.
An offer letter (contract) is followed with online Human Resources
information, forms to sign, and directions regarding immunizations
and drug testing.
An orientation to Scribe-X takes place at the corporate office in
Portland, Oregon, or by Google Hangouts. Ideally classroom training
will begin on Monday of the following week.
New-hire Lead Medical Scribes will participate in the Scribe-X
self-study work, classroom training, and on-site training with a
Scribe-X Training Consultant.
- Self-study pre-classroom, and clinic on-site homework
- Classroom two Universal training days, one Specialty Training
day and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) training specific to the
- Clinic on-site training, approximately eight days with a
Scribe-X Training Consultant and provider from an introduction to
the clinic to going solo as a medical scribe with the
- Submit personal daily progress reports to Education Manager
while receiving on-site training with the Scribe-X Training
- Receive Train the Trainer training to prepare for Consultant
work with clinics and providers prior to a medical scribe joining a
clinic. T3 also includes how to best Train a provider and medical
scribe toward a successful, efficient, and effective working
- Bachelors degree, BS or BA.
- Pre-nursing, pre-PA, or pre-med student, viewing scribing as
part of career path.
- Experience as a Medical Scribe, successful work one year or
more working with providers and a preferred a variety of EMR
- Preferred GPA of 3.25+
- Strong computer skills, typing speed of at least 60 WPM,
ability to multi-task.
- Successful work experience with customer service as a
Additional Qualifications considered useful
- English minor, language and written skills.
- Medical coding experience.
- Medical assistant or certified medication aid in a clinic
- Medical transcription experience with anatomy, physiology, and
CharacteristicsMotivated history of being highly motivated and
detail oriented.Interpersonal Skill - excellent verbal, written,
and communication skillsTaking Instruction able to accept and
follow through with instructions.Career Goal - healthcare track
(pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) is preferred.Work Ethic -
punctuality and preparedness for all scheduled work shifts.Physical
Considerations -ability to stand for extended periods of time of up
to 4-5 hours in succession.
Keywords: Scribe-x, Fort Lauderdale , Lead Scribe, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!