IT Support Escalation
Company: Wheelhouse It
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Support Escalation provides high-quality technical support
to our clients and is eager to serve as a mentor for our
technicians. Technology is constantly changing and our Escalation
level support staff is consistently expanding their technical
knowledge and ability, teaching peers & clients along the way. The
position is located at our Headquarters office in Fort Lauderdale,
SUPPORT the Clients & GROW with the Business!
At Wheelhouse IT, our team has the best intentions of the company
and client in mind always. The Support Escalation reports to the
Team Manager but are part of a team and believe in the future of
the organization. They will provide remote and onsite support for
PCs, networking equipment, servers, firewalls, and desktop software
for a variety of diverse small to medium-sized organizations. This
position will also be an escalation point for difficult-to-solve
issues. The candidate should expect and not be opposed to
performing a wide variety of IT support ranging from simple desktop
and peripheral support to complex server and network issues, as
dictated by client request and company workload. Candidates must
also be willing to work directly with all types of clients and
internal staff, from technical to the very non-technical, and be
ready to act as a mentor to level 1 technical staff. The right
candidate for this position is open-minded and willing to work
directly with all types of clients/internal staff, ranging from
technical to the very non-technical.
Be part of an EXCITING, FAST-paced and DYNAMIC Team!
Escalation Engineers love a challenge and constantly be looking for
ways to improve themselves and the company. They are driven to
improve the environment and they will be expected to contribute to
that goal regularly. They will look for ways to provide only the
best customer service and support to our clients. When the need
arises this individual may be called upon to assist on projects as
needs dictate. They will also contribute to the maintenance and
enhancement of internal systems, and in some cases, customer-facing
hosted and cloud environments.
The Support Escalation position will provide remote and onsite
support for PCs, networking equipment, servers, firewalls, and
desktop software for a variety of diverse small to medium-sized
organizations. This position will also be an escalation point for
difficult-to-solve issues. The candidate should expect and not be
opposed to performing a wide variety of IT support ranging from
simple desktop and peripheral support to complex server and network
issues, as dictated by client request and company workload.
Candidates must also be willing to work directly with all types of
clients and internal staff, from technical to the very
non-technical, and be ready to act as a mentor to level 1 technical
staff. This position will be based in our Fort Lauderdale, FL
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows
Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware,
Citrix, and Microsoft.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and
LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using
technologies that meet their requirements.
- Support disaster recovery solutions.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and
notifications, and respond accordingly through service
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and
management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor
dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed
of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed
within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how
IT relates to their business strategy & goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned
training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been
established through the dispatch process.
- Work through tickets in ConnectWise as assigned by the Service
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain
up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the
- Assist with projects as needs dictate and drive completion of
deliverables on his/her own as needed.
- Also responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the design
and integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing
hosted and cloud environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA,
or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA,
LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication
skills, active listening, and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: an ability to match resources to technical
- Service awareness of all organizations key IT services for
which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology
is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving
- Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- 2+ years of IT experience.
- Managed Services experience preferred
- 401K with company match
- Company provided mobile phone
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits included
- Performance-based incentives
- Generous bonus levels
- Full on the job training & support
- Fun working environment and culture
- Great opportunity for advancement
- All the ping-pong and play PlayStation you can handle
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Wheelhouse It, Fort Lauderdale , IT Support Escalation, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!