Product & Quality Specialist
Company: Standard Motor Products, Inc
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Quality Inspector/Product position is responsible for
inspecting and measuring items according to specifications and
examines/documents defects and inspection findings. Essential
Duties & Responsibilities------------------------ (other duties may
- Document part quality issues and maintain the quarantine lists
with updates and final actions.
- Insure documentation needed for inspections (drawings,
specifications, certifications, etc.) are maintained.
- Prioritize incoming inspection based on suspect vendors,
failure rates, part types and historical data.
- Create ECN---s related to BOM update.
- Process product alerts, RGA---s, corrective action
implementation, return/field destroy authorizations.
- Maintain control sample of private label customers such as IDI,
MPI and DW.
- Approve samples from Store Lifts to add to our inventory.
- Coordinate replacement parts from supplier
- Assist lab test with any improvements on test fixtures
including drawing for fabrications.
- Assist test lab with testing
- Assist product/marketing department with maintenance and
development of products.
- Assist in research & development to meet organizational needs
and to capitalize on potential new products.
- Assist in evaluating new vendor catalogs &
- Utilize PIM system to upload new SKU---s, interchanges,
attributes, vendor information.
- Approve images for assigned product lines.
- Keep track of requested vendor samples and RFQ---s (reported
- Provide cross-reference support to Sales & Cataloging as new
SKU---s are released and interchange becomes available.
- Update FTC 'want list' for future sourcing and additions.
- Contact local dealers & procure O.E.M. pricing, application
data and samples as required.
- Create Load-sheets for new SKU---s addition/release
- Create and follows up LER/SEN---s for product
- Create ECN---s for new SKU introduction, deletion, supersession
and vendor change.
- Assist with Warranty Returns.
- Maintain Forecast and SMP Mexico market lines.
- Maintain and develops coverage for the Mexico market
prioritized by market and customer demands. Job
- 2-5 years of experience or related education
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is required
- Quality Assurance (QA) knowledge for inspections and audits
- Good verbal/written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- A self-starter who requires minimum supervision
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and time management
- Work well under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional manner in dealing with others coupled with a
strong "hands-on--- work ethic
- Understands the importance of consistency and efficiency in a
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word,
Access, PowerPoint and ERP system
- Knowledge of digital photography
- Knowledge of automotive engine management and their use are
preferable. Physical Demands
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing
and walking for up to 10% of the time.--
- Lifting and transport of small quantities of parts to be
inspected; approximately 30 lbs. Work Environment
- Normal Office environment. The working environment is generally
favorable.-- Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no
hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.----
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with
standard office equipment available.
- Normal Warehouse environment. Due to the open environment of
the warehouse/packaging areas, must be able to work in various
weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat,
humidity, cold, dust, and noise levels. Forecast Orientation &
Fundamental Training Curriculum
- FTC Orientation
- FTC Safety Training
Keywords: Standard Motor Products, Inc, Fort Lauderdale , Product & Quality Specialist, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!