CHEF - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Location: FORT LAUDERDALE
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 2, 2021
- We have an opening for a full-time CHEF -
- Location: Nova Southeastern University - 3301 College
Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314 Note: online applications
- Schedule: F/T schedule; Flexible schedule, more
details upon interview.
- Requirement: ServSafe certification is a plus.
- Perks: $300 Retention Bonus for FT hires & $150 for
We are excited to announce the launch of our new
pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your
career with our award-winning organization! When you
submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to
participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral
Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for
this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn
an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions
to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a
$250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to
refer? Have them apply to this posting via this
direct link or at
http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask
them to provide your name in the “If referred by current employee”
section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are
offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Directs, coordinates and evaluates
assigned kitchen, food production and food-service associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks
and other associates engaged in preparing, cooking and serving
food. Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service
standards are met.
- Supervises hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing,
scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews
and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepares high-quality food items according to
standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service
schedules. Serves meals or prepares for delivery.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and
maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Tracks food use, waste and consumption to requisition or
- Receives and inspects product and supplies for quality and
quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils.
Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display
equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to ensure
compliance with sanitation, safety, production and merchandising
- Helps select and develop recipes and menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Compass Group, Fort Lauderdale , CHEF - HOURLY (FULL-TIME), Other , FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!