Heavy Truck Fleet Technician
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: July 22, 2021
First Vehicle Services is
now hiring Heavy Truck Fleet Technicians!
Servicing City of Fort
Lauderdale vehicles and equipment including backhoes, excavators,
dump trucks, generators, street sweepers, loaders, dozers,
Now offering up to $2,500
Sign-On or Relocation Bonus! (Effective 5/28/21-7/31/21. Conditions
Shifts: Day, afternoon, &
night shifts available (shift differential pay for later
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $27 - $32 based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- Now offering up to $2,500 Sign-On or Relocation Bonus!
(Effective 5/28/21-7/31/21. Conditions apply)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III Major
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches,
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III
- Technical/vocational school training is a plus!
- Pervious educational or work experience with performing
preventive maintenance, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing
vehicles and other heavy equipment.
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL while
- Mechanic's toolset.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Ability to obtain two (2) ASE or EVT certifications within the
first year of employment.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a
leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments,
school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and
private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and
fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Fort Lauderdale , Heavy Truck Fleet Technician, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!