Under general supervision and in
association with the Board of Directors, the Project Manager plans,
directs, recommends, and implements policies and procedures to
ensure the services required to maintain the common elements of the
Association are provided in a first-class manner and in accordance
with community rules and regulations.
This is a hands-on leadership position
responsible for overseeing the operational, administrative,
financial, human resources, maintenance and security functions of
the community. The position requires the Community
Association Manager be on call 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
for emergency consultation in the event of incidents requiring
management intervention. All services of the Community
Association Manager are under the direct supervision of Castle
Management and are performed as stated, in the Management agreement
between the governing Board of Directors and Castle Management,
The General Manager also provides
exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and
mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all
responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service
skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this
function. This includes working interdepartmentally, as well as,
with our external customers.
- Supervises hiring and management of direct employees
and supervises selection and management of outside vendor
staffing to ensure personnel are capable of meeting the
community’s goals with high standards in a hospitable,
sensitive and courteous manner.
- Schedules and/or reviews staff assignments to assure adequate
coverage while being conscious of working within the assigned
- Works under direction of Castle Management to provide meeting
guidelines for the Board of Directors.
- Plans, directs, and oversees implementation of comprehensive
systems for protection of the community assets and records of the
Association in a professional manner.
- Inspects community and facilities in order to determine
maintenance and security needs.
- Documents, interviews and assists residents regarding
complaints about direct employees and vendor staff conduct.
- Directs inspection of premises to detect hazards and
to ensure that safety rules are posted and enforced.
- Promptly investigates and makes a full written report of all
accidents or claims for property damage and personal injury
relating to the ownership and maintenance of the common elements
and operation of the Association, including damage or destruction
to common elements.
- Assists in preparation of reports and insurance claims for
damages to Association property, including estimated cost of
repair, and causes repairs to be made in accordance with the Board
of Directors’ approval.
- Assists in preparation and posting of the agenda for meetings
of the Association and committee meetings and supervises file and
- Attends meetings of the Board of Directors and Annual or
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial reports and reviews
same for accuracy and variance trends.
- Provides a monthly management report to the Board of Directors
with recommendations, as appropriate, to enhance community
appearance, values and promote harmony among residents.
- Provides a one-page, weekly report to the Board of Directors
briefly summarizing the past weeks major events.
- Provides a prioritized Action List to focus on all
projects/duties within the community and the assigned task
- Maintains a professional relationship with the Board
of Directors and homeowners, whose requests for services shall be
received and recorded so that requests can be acted upon
expeditiously. Any serious complaint shall be fully and
promptly investigated and reported to the Board of Directors.
- Assists in establishing operational procedures for activities
such as fire prevention, firefighting,
traffic control and parking control.
- Assists in preparation of the Annual Budget and
coordination of Board Meetings.
- Must be capable of taking board meeting minutes if
- Responsible for maintaining organization and secure keeping of
blue prints, maps, plats, etc.
- Prepares recommendations for collection action on delinquent
accounts and acts as liaison with legal department and Association
counsel and Board.
- Must be able to perform violation inspections when task not
assigned to an Assistant Property Manager.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with Rules and
Regulations and shall implement procedures for handling
- Drafts and signs correspondence and required notices in
connection with homeowners who are in violation of the Declaration
and Rules and Regulations.
- Maintains accurate records to follow up on rule
violations. Acts as liaison with counsel if legal action is
- Solicits bids for maintenance, construction and
other community projects, and participates in selection
of contractors and vendors for furnishing of landscape
maintenance, janitorial and maintenance services, water,
electricity, gas, telephone, pool maintenance, exterminator
service, repairs or reconstruction of structural improvements,
preventive maintenance, and such other services deemed to be in the
best interests of the Association and necessary in order to
administer the Association in a first-class manner in accordance
with the Declaration.
- Subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, supervises
and monitors contractors rendering services to the
- Inspects the repair and maintenance of equipment and building
components and reviews invoices to confirm work completion and
- Reviews and approves payroll for all direct employees and
reviews and codes vendor invoices before payment.
- Tracks all architectural change requests by homeowners and
inspects for compliance upon completion.
- Communicates to the Board of Directors and homeowners, events
that will affect their use and enjoyment of the Association’s
- Communicates to the community ideas to help it prepare and cope
with weather related events.
- Assists with emergency situation preparation and implementation
of preparedness protocol as designed and approved.
- Maintain Association’s website.
- Ensures all safety precautions and procedures are
followed while performing duties.
- Ensures that team members follow all safety precautions and
procedures while performing duties.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
by direct supervisor.
- Performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding
customer service skills representative of Castle Royal
relevant to Senior role:
- Assigned special projects or duties within
Castle but outside of their assigned properties
- Mentors/trains new property managers and other team
- Advises on new initiatives
- Actively volunteers for Castle events- expected to
- Maybe assigned to small business units as designated by Sr.
Leadership (2-3 properties)
CMCA, AMS, PCAM preferred; High school
diploma required. Associates degree or bachelor’s degree
with concentration in business preferred, or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
Three (3) to five (5) years
of community association management or related
business experience and a thorough understanding of Texas HOA
laws and regulations. Golf course management experience
is preferred. Outstanding customer service, communication and
interpersonal skills required. Effective written and
verbal communication skills.
Advanced command of computer
hardware/software is required; specifically, proficient in the
knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to;
Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Multiple language fluency is
desirable and may be required depending on the community’s
Travel and availability
May be required to travel for training
sessions off-site on an as needed basis. May be
occasionally required to cover for staff at other communities
within a reasonable commuting distance when needed.
Ability to work extended hours and weekends
based on project requirement. Ability to respond to emergencies in
a timely manner, 24-7.
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.;
work in an upright standing or sitting position for long periods of
time, will fluctuate day by day; Handle, grasp and lift
objects and packages; extensive use of fingers for typing
and visual use of the computer monitor. Reach with hands and
arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by
means of the spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily
navigate the property/building as required to meet the job
functions; Complete all required forms.
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of work will be completed
indoors in a temperature-controlled environment with little to
moderate noise levels. Depending on the community
may regularly be required to walk/work outdoors to perform
inspections, regular tours, or attend to other property
This is not an all-inclusive job description. In addition,
management has the right to change any portion of this job
description at any time and for any reason.