Clinical Lead - IRU
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
12 Hour Day Shift
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a
full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit
of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health.
- Functions in first-line management/clinical leadership role in
coordinating patient care activities on the nursing unit.
- Serves as a coordinator of the multi-disciplinary approach to
patient's care to include care planning, patient teaching, and
- Ensures appropriate staffing and coverage for unanticipated
needs, within the guidelines of the department.
- Assists in long and short-term staff scheduling.
- Participates in the interviewing process of prospective staff
and provides input to the Director.
- Ensures that staff utilize the nursing process in meeting
patient care standards.
- Utilizes effective delegation skills in assigning duties to
other staff and Senior Nurses.
- Works with unit staff to ensure update Carelogistic/EPIC
software accurately reflects unit and patient status (anticipated
treatment, discharge, patient location, PPR's completed when test
is order and patient alerts)
- May take assignments as necessary
- Performs other job-related duties within job scope as requested
by Nurse Manager.
- Assists fellow staff members in completing assignments in time
- Assumes primary nurse, team leader, or patient care
responsibilities as necessary.
- Facilitates daily huddles and discussions around huddle
- Facilitates debriefs after critical events such as patient
falls to improve learning
- Receives pertinent information from acute care management and
follows up on any needs during off hours.
- Intervenes appropriately and keeps Nurse Manager informed of
- Provides input to associate evaluations as requested by the
- Acts continuously to improve processes and services.
Participates in data collection related to unit specific or
hospital PI indicators as assigned; (e.g. chart reviews for TJC,
tracer activities, hand-hygiene, VTE data, etc.) Submit PI data
MONTHLY- a minimum of 75% of the time (e.g. 9 out of 12
- Demonstrates accountability for regularly reading and reviewing
e-mails and other communications regarding changes that impact
practice, policies and changes within the unit/ department and
- Performs equipment safety checks such as defibs, blood glucose
(POC), medication room, etc.
- Consistently oversees appropriate bedside shift report/hand-off
and coaches' staff to ensure we are including the patient/family in
- Consistently reminds staff to engage in purposeful hourly
rounding to anticipate patient needs related to the 5 Ps.
- Assists the staff in providing evidence-base practice in the
care of patients; follows policies and procedures
- Holds staff accountable to consistently incorporating
activities in care that enhance patient safety and decreases
patient harm (e.g. using two identifiers before administering
meds/blood, treatment, diagnostic and consistently using Bar Code
technology and labeling specimens at bedside in front of patient;
fall prevention, etc.) and monitors their performance.
- Holds staff accountable to consistently complying with safe
infection prevention practices designed to reduce infection
transmission (hand-hygiene, following isolation precautions,
following maintenance bundles for reducing CAUTI/CLABSI. Consider
participation in monitoring hand hygiene.
- Participates and/or leads Performance Projects (A3) to be
determined by Manager/Director.
This is a Modified Full Time position on (day) shift with
benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing is preferred; BSN
preferred, if does not have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing needs to
agree to start a Bachelor's Program within 12 months and complete
within 5 years.
- Specialty certification desirable.
- Previous experience as regular Charge Nurse or Assistant Nurse
Manager level on a nursing unit preferred.
- Strong leadership traits, as well as experience with staffing,
scheduling, and strong communication skills preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the
State of Florida.
- BLS and ACLS required.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Fort Lauderdale , Clinical Lead - IRU, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!