District Sales Manager - South Florida
Company: Insulet Corporation
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our
customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through
the use of our Omnipod product platform. In the last two decades we
have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by
using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven
individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by
hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer
expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
This position is responsible for leading a team of Territory
Managers (TM) and Clinical Services Managers (CSM) to meet/exceed
sales quota through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and
closing on targeted account customers consisting of Health Care
Professional (Endocrinologists, CDE's), key diabetes institutions
and managed care organizations.
The District Sales Manager is accountable for consistently
achieving sales objectives, ensuring sales are profitable, and
adhering to the guidelines of the Company's defined sales and
marketing practices. The position is responsible for the
leadership, coaching, and development of Territory Managers and
Clinical Services Managers with a focus on expanding business and
brand loyalty within strategic accounts consisting of private
practice, large diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions,
and other major medical centers. This role will work with Territory
Managers, Clinical Services Managers, and customers to raise their
level of awareness and increase product demand.
- Meets/exceeds sales objectives as well as market share within
- Possess a strong working knowledge of managed care,
reimbursement process, and account management.
- Develops and maintains superior relationships with key diabetes
decision makers and influencer within the district.
- Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and expertise
in discussing and demonstrating Insulet's product offerings, as
well as all related diabetes products including competitive
products. Proven ability to train and lead team on Company products
- Consistently exhibits proficiency in demonstrating and training
on commercial systems and applications. Must possess very strong
computer skills. Strong proficiency for working with data bases and
developing business plans.
- Ensures that the team executes field sales activities with a
high degree of professionalism in accordance with established
- Responsibility for hiring, developing, and retaining top sales
and clinical talent.
- Coach and develops TM and CSM on the execution and outcome for
leading indicator activities as it applies to commercial strategy
- Ensure team members maintain and update credentialing and
training requirements as necessary for role.
- Facilitates and conducts required customer training
- Manage budget and utilization for Commercial and Clinical
- Works effectively and productively with commercial and
corporate team members and colleagues.
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and
works within the specified budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years' sales experience
with a demonstrated track record of success; previous experience in
a leadership role or capacity required.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of three to five years previous sales leadership
experience strongly preferred.
- At least five years in a similar role with medical device or a
diabetes products company strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated relationships with Endocrinologists strongly
- Industry, clinical, and diabetes training experience
- Must possess strong leadership, people development, and sales
business development skills.
- Team-player with the ability to lead a highly motivated and
demanding sales team.
- Successful sales track record, excellent communication skills,
ability to create and execute a district sales plan, ability to
manage budgets, strong leadership and goal-setting ability, ability
to function in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong computer proficiency and data analysis required.
- Valid driver's license required. Must reside within the
geographic area of the assigned district. Position will require
frequent travel by air and automobile within assigned district.
Regular overnight travel may be required.
Keywords: Insulet Corporation, Fort Lauderdale , District Sales Manager - South Florida, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!