Responsible for negotiation, execution and monitoring of
contracts to include products, services, and equipment for
respective Supply Chain portfolio. Develop and execute strategic
strategy to achieve department financial goals. Work closely with
Value Analysis Director for review of new vendors and technology to
standardize, modify and increase efficiencies for the system.
Reports to Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Establish vendor relationships to better negotiate contract
pricing to align with national benchmarking.
- Proactively looks for new opportunities to improve the
development of contracts or renewal cycle of existing contracts for
the Memorial Healthcare System.
- Review existing contracts and identify new savings opportunity
by product/service category and vendor.
- Provide supporting analytics for contract strategy for key
- Monitoring of all system rebates in adherence to contract
- Coordinate business reviews with vendors to monitor contract
performance and identify future opportunities.
- Responsible for maintenance of contract files and continuous
improvement of the contract renewal cycle. Collaborates with Supply
Chain Business Intelligence Analyst to validate data, ensure
adherence to policies and contract management tools.
- Maximize contracts with our GPO that are financially and
clinically advantageous where appropriate.
- Maintains savings/spend data for assigned service line and is
responsible for completion of Savings Tracker Worksheet (STW).
- Develops and leads Request for Proposals (RFP) process for
identified opportunities in related service line.
- Supports designated Service Line Committees and collaboration
on new opportunities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and routinely communicates
with the buyer group to increase contracting and purchasing
- Other duties assigned.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- DESKTOP SOFTWARE: Uses desktop software programs to improve
productivity and complete assigned tasks in an accurate and timely
- CONTRACTING - SUPPLY CHAIN MGMT: Performs contracting
activities including analysis, assessment of legal and financial
impact, negotiation, execution and compliance.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality
and/or quantity standards.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes
and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in experience
Sourcing/contracting Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite,
especially MS Excel required. Experience with contract process.
Knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and practices. Strong
analytical and project management skills. Excellent communication
skills both written and verbal Strong analytic experience for
vendor performance assessment such as quality, cost, reliability
and financial performance. Excellent Interpersonal and negotiating
skills. Must be able to work in team setting. Strong presentation
Since its inception in 1953, Memorial Healthcare System has been
a leader in providing high-quality healthcare services to South
Florida residents. Today, it is one of the largest public
healthcare systems in the nation with over 14,000 team members and
highly regarded for its exceptional patient- and family-centered
care. Memorial's patient, physician and employee satisfaction rates
are some of the most admired in the country, and the system is
recognized as a national leader in quality healthcare.
Memorial has a reputation as one of Florida's leading healthcare
systems and is supported by a distinguished medical staff. In fact,
the vast majority of physicians are board certified or board
qualified in their specialties and have been trained at many of the
nation's finest medical schools and hospitals. Because of its
distinguished medical staff and services, Memorial draws patients
from South Florida and beyond.
Many prestigious healthcare awards have been earned by Memorial
Healthcare System and its facilities. The accolades include: Modern
Healthcare magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Florida
Trend magazine's Best Companies to Work for in Florida, 100 Top
Hospitals, Consumer Choice Award, Best-Run Hospital, Best Nursing
Staff, Best Pediatric Hospital and Best Maternity Hospital.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it
be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification.