Company: AutoNation, Inc.
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you a self-motivated and innovative individual? Do you have
project management experience? Are you looking to work and learn in
a dynamic environment with an opportunity for growth? If you
answered YES to these questions, this is the right opportunity for
As the Benefits Manager, you will be responsible for managing
health and welfare benefit carriers, health and welfare and
retirement vendors, and third party administrators to meet the
business needs. You will implement strategies that are both cost
effective and of the highest quality to participants. You will
follow ERISA and DOL program compliance with carriers and vendors
and be responsible for oversight of the Company's Health Savings
The Benefits Manager will work onsite at our beautiful Corporate
Headquarters in sunny Fort Lauderdale, and will partner closely
with the internal Legal, Human Resources (HR), and Payroll
departments; and interaction with and presentations to Company
- Analyze benefit programs and carrier products to develop
business plan recommendations resulting in design changes that meet
company business needs.
- Manage and monitor health and welfare vendors' compliance to
the contract provisions and negotiated performance guarantees.
- Work with consultants to negotiate renewals with vendors within
the department budget projections.
- Lead Short-Term Disability annual premium cost analysis for
- Lead role in writing executive summaries, technical plan
documents, SPD language, Plan Documents, administrative and
training manuals, and oversight of production of such manuals.
- Manage plan administration in accordance with Plan documents,
prospectuses and regulatory standards (e.g. DOL, ERISA, and IRS).
This should be retirement and H&W
- Lead role in validation, completion of, and data submission for
- Responsible for compliance filings on behalf of the benefits
department including SARS, DOL inquiries, etc. This should be
retirement and H&W
- Research and respond to participant appeals for retirement
plans and eligibility appeals for fully insured coverages.
- Provide direction to retirement third-party administrators,
record keepers, investment advisors and co-fiduciaries, and other
service providers to manage cost and adhere to retirement plan
service agreements and standards.
- Work with the Retirement Plan third-party administrator on Plan
funding, payroll reconciliations, participant questions, and
- Develop requests for proposals, and evaluate and assist in the
selection of vendors, carriers and insurers.
- Lead role in developing employee and HR benefit communications,
including disability return to work policies and life insurance
- Act as a subject matter expert on the Company's retirement
plans for participants.
- As a member of the Benefits team, monitor compliance with
applicable federal and state laws including ERISA, DOL, the
Affordable Care Act, and other regulations required for the
Company's Health and Welfare Benefits and Retirement programs.
- Manage the Health Savings Account third party administrator
vendor relationship and coordinate communication of Plan features
with the Benefits Health and Welfare team.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision,
Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers
and suppliers, and adhere to all Company policies and
- Must meet Company's requirements for employment.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills and interest in
- Self-motivated, independent, and creative performer.
- Project-oriented individual who enjoys managing multiple tasks
in a fast-paced environment.
- Three to five years progressive experience in the
administration of health and welfare and/or retirement plans
- Demonstrated success in the management and coordination of
third-party administrators, record-keepers and advisors.
- Demonstrated success with RFP and record-keeper selection
processes, plan migrations and implementations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal written and oral communication
skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Intermediate MS Office and advanced MS Excel experience.
- Experience with ADP Enterprise, Workday, and top tier 401(k)
record-keeping services preferred.
- Prolonged periods of personal computer use.
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to
perform job related tasks other than those specifically
Benefits administration; Retirement plans; health savings
account; vendor management; excel; MS Office; South Florida, Fort
As America's largest and most recognized automotive retailer,
AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold
leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are
committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them
in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training,
competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing
in our Associates' professional futures. With over 315 locations
from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We've
sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to
reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to
delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused
sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and
every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment
awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25
million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our
communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location
near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
Keywords: AutoNation, Inc., Fort Lauderdale , Benefits Manager, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!