Director, Suicide Prevention and Wellness Initiatives
Company: United Way of America
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
United Way of Broward County fights for the health, education
and financial stability of everyone in our community.
General Description: This position is responsible for the
planning, coordination, and overall leadership in the development
of strategies for United Way of Broward County's (UWBC) Broward
Suicide Prevention Coalition. This position promotes systemic
engagement through working with various members of Broward County
System of Care promoting suicide prevention, intervention and
post-vention services. (This position is Grant funded - subject to
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Has the primary duty of managing the day to day operations of
the Broward Suicide Prevention Coalition.
- Responsible for the development, operation and evaluation of
all Behavioral Health initiatives related to the Suicide Prevention
Advisory Council, and its key committees.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Broward
Suicide Prevention Coalition Annual Strategic Plan.
- Carry out new public awareness prevention strategies in
coordination with the Recovery System of Care in Broward
- Monitor relevant community indicators to evaluate current
community problems and programs to measure progress on key outcomes
as well as working with community leaders in the development of
tools to strengthen the community's abilities to identify, address
and fund priority issues
- Responsible for contract management, including
service/utilization management and outcomes management.
Other Job Duties:
- Participate in the coordination and implementation of the
UWBC's BBHC Annual Behavioral Health Conference.
- Outreach to community organizations, groups and agencies (ex.
Schools, Non-profits, Business, veterans, primary care clinics), to
develop and strengthen partnerships with the Broward Suicide
- Represent the Coalition at various behavioral health meetings
taking place in Broward County and responsible for creating linkage
and cohesion between multiple community efforts addressing trauma
and suicide prevention.
- Implements policies and procedures as it relates to the
Coalition and its programs and activities
- Serves as a key UWBC resource for the Suicide Prevention
Coalition, facilitating the development of shared community goals
and agenda as it relates to behavioral health.
- Coordinate and provide suicide prevention, intervention,
postvention and Adverse Childhood Experience trainings.
- Responsible for annual end of year report of the Broward
Suicide Prevention Coalition.
- Responsible for execution and management (including
monitoring/evaluation) of all contracts related to assigned
Community Impact field.
- Researches, analyzes, and synthesizes data pertinent to
community impact vision specific to behavioral health, wellness and
- Coordinates activities and communications with appropriate
organizations, i.e., state, county, local commissions, networks,
councils, etc., as they relate to community impact area of
- Actively helps create and monitor program outcomes of UWBC
funded organizations on a continuous basis.
- Creates informational documents, gives presentations, and acts
as the agency's lead authority, both internally and externally, on
assigned Community Impact area.
- Establishes baseline data for measurement of program and team
- Staffs the Community Impact Allocations Committee specific to
the health pillar and assures the recruitment, training, evaluation
and motivation of volunteers is completed according to
- Stay current and up to date on issues and statistics relevant
to assigned Community Impact Area.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as
assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in
the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the
expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the
organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory
Education & Experience:
- Master Degree in Human Service related field required.
(Licensed preferred, for example LMHC, LCSW, LMFT).
- Minimum of five years related experience in Human Service
delivery and/or administration.
- Experience working in Behavioral Health and Behavioral Systems
- Experience with human services program monitoring, contract
management and evaluation.
- Administrative and supervisory experience working with
volunteers and staff preferred
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service - Serves (treats) all customers
(internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in
order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC's mission.
- Drives for results - Has a passion for innovation and
risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals
in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization - Has the responsibility for
aligning one's own behavior, leadership and commitment with the
needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion - Creates an atmosphere that
respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and
backgrounds and aligns with United Way's values.
- Seizes learning - Able and willing to learn new skills and
knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way's
- Manages multiple projects and tasks - Effectively manages time
and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to
deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and
seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork - Demonstrates good collaboration and
communication to be effective in any team setting.
Keywords: United Way of America, Fort Lauderdale , Director, Suicide Prevention and Wellness Initiatives, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!