Liver Transplant APRN/PA III
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Details APRN: Nationally certified licensed healthcare
provider who provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or
medical care in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions in
collaboration with a physician according to a standard care
arrangement and specialty certification. Provides advanced nursing
care to patients with complex acute, critical, and chronic health
conditions, including the delivery of acute care services. Practice
with a variety of specialty-based populations including neonatal,
pediatric, and adult. Practices in any setting in which patients
require complex monitoring and therapies, high intensity nursing
intervention, or continuous nursing vigilance within the range of
high-acuity care. PA: Nationally certified licensed healthcare
provider who provides primary and or specialty medical care (the
practice of medicine) in a variety of healthcare settings.
Functions the collaboration agreement of a Physician, (as per
O.R.C. 4730) performs complete histories and physicals on patients
of all ages to establish and record patient's current health status
and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan to provide
continuing medical care, including daily examinations, writing
orders, chart notes, discharging patients and completing discharge
summaries. This medical care may be in a variety of clinical
settings. PA's are privileged by the Board of Governors. PA's in
this role provide advanced care to patients with in any setting in
which patients require complex, acute, critical and chronic health
conditions. Practice in a setting that requires complex monitoring
and therapies and high intensity medical/surgical interventions
and/or continuous vigilance within the range of high-acuity
- Conducts thorough medical histories, performs complete physical
examinations (where indicated), initiates appropriate lab,
radiology tests or other special tests required for evaluation of
illness, and scrutinizes lab data on new and former clinic patients
and hospital admissions to establish a record of the patient's
current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and
- Must be able to work with collaborating physician.
- Performs and interprets, at least to the point of recognizing
deviations from normal, common laboratory, radiologic,
cardiographic and other routine diagnostic procedures used to
identify pathophysiologic processes as privileged by CCF
- Performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations,
suturing and wound care, managing simple conditions produced by
infection or trauma, assisting in the management of more complex
illness and injury which may include assisting surgeons in
conducting operations and taking initiative in performing
evaluation and therapeutic procedures in response to
life-threatening situations, as privileged by CCF Credentialing
- May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by
prescriptive authority through applicable state Board of
Nursing/Medicine and CCF policy.
- Performs specialized procedures, including bone marrow
aspirations, biopsies and harvest, blood draws, designated IV
starts, spinal taps, thoracentesis and paracentesis as well as
other specific procedures as directed by the physician, following
approval by CCF Credentialing Board.
- Provides information and answers routine questions of patients
regarding their disease, including preventive health maintenance
topics such as diet, weight, smoking and topics related to medical
specialty, with basic recommendations. Educates patients regarding
their disease, treatments, related drug and treatment side effects
- Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing,
medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure
quality patient care
- Refers patients to specialists as appropriate for consultation
or for specialized health resources and treatment.
- Ensures continuity of care by serving as a liaison between
patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team or
with other specialty areas as necessary. Performs research
follow-up studies. Assists in data analysis. Participates in
quality monitoring thru the review of records and treatment plans
for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care.
Facilitates appropriate length of stay, discharge planning and
compliance with regulatory standards for inpatient management. May
serve as clinical preceptor for PA/APRN students and other health
professionals. May serve as Faculty for onboarding new
- Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior.
Demonstrates compassion and professionalism and a commitment to
excellent patient care.
- Routinely takes call and works some off shift hours:
Weekends/holidays, possibly nights
- Some special procedure privileging is required
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- APRN/PA: Excellent analytical and decision making skills are
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated competency and the ability to perform advanced
assessment and diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize the electronic medical
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Depending on practice, surgical fields may require surgical
- APRN: Two years clinical advanced practice nursing experience
- Will consider new graduates
- PA: Two years relative clinical experience preferred.
- Will consider new graduates
- APRN/PA: Typical physical demands include the ability to walk
and stand for long periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to
perform physical examinations.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50
- May require exposure to communicable diseases and/or body
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Liver Transplant APRN/PA III, Other , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!