Company: Citrix Systems Inc.
Location: fort lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our
technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are
relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from
anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for
ever-improving performance drive our company and our people
forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
What we are seeking
A Product Counsel with demonstrated business acumen and strong
relationship building skills in a growing and matrixed organization
to join the Product Center of Excellence as both a member and a
As Product Counsel you will be responsible for partnering with
multiple innovative product teams around the world to ensure that
Citrix's products and services are structured to achieve the
Company's strategy while complying with applicable regulations in
multiple jurisdictions and company requirements. You will report to
the Sr Associate General Counsel located in California and will be
part of a growing team.
This position will be located in Raleigh, NC, Fort Lauderdale,
FL or Santa Clara, CA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with Product Management, Engineering, Design,
Marketing, Compliance, Support and Operations teams and provide
counsel and advise on a wide variety of complex and developing
legal, regulatory and compliance issues in connection with the
delivery of enterprise cloud services;
- Advise on requirements affecting all stages of a product's life
cycle, including design, development, marketing, public relations,
product launch and distribution, and related product regulatory
- Support sales cycle, including developing and managing options
for company agreements (including with customers, partners and
vendors), answering questions, providing documentation,
facilitating sales execution and negotiating agreements alongside
- Serve as a liaison and issuer spotter for other legal team
Centers of Excellence with product teams, including in the areas of
intellectual property, privacy, security and trade compliance;
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and
regulations and company policy dealing with intellectual property,
privacy, security, trade compliance and other applicable laws;
- Maintain current understanding of best practices related to
legal issues in product development and marketing for technology
companies, including strong familiarity with intellectual property
and privacy matters;
- Develop and maintain required product legal resources,
including self-help tools, terms of service, EULAs, EUSAs, privacy
notices and other disclosures;
- Analyze, structure, draft, and negotiate technology
development, licensing, and other commercial agreements and provide
ongoing legal counseling in the areas of intellectual property,
technology, and licensing;
- Work closely with the business development and technical teams
as counsel on strategic partnership/alliance deals as well as
support inbound technology transactions;
- Review, draft and advise on advertising and marketing
materials, including press releases, packaging, product launch
collateral, sweepstakes, promotions, and other related items;
- Work with members of the legal team across the Company, as well
as corresponding functions to ensure consistent application of
corporate policies and processes in compliance with agreements and
- Conduct training for the legal team as well as internal
- Experience in supporting customer care, success or support
organizations in a growing tech company highly desirable;
- High energy, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting
things done, able to demonstrate sound judgment and evaluate risk
even in ambiguous situations; and
- Sense of humor!
- Ideally 5 years of previous legal experience, preferably with a
combination of law firm and in-house technology company
- Significant experience with intellectual property, licensing,
privacy and trade compliance in the technology sector.
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy
- Excellent attention to detail, superior oral and written
communication skills, well-honed analytical skills and project
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects,
identify and resolve issues, and earn the confidence and
cooperation of business leaders and legal colleagues.
- Able to multi-task, work independently in a fast-paced
environment and to interface with customers, internal departments
and all levels of management.
- Extensive background in computer software/cloud and
understanding of technology.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with product managers and
engineers and apply legal principles based on understanding of
technology architectures and principles.
- Ability to develop concise and effective materials in a variety
of formats (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project plans etc.)
that protect company and further business goals.
- Awareness of industry trends and marketplace changes in
technology, particularly cloud computing.
- Requires Juris Doctorate
What you're looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able
to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It's a
simple philosophy that guides everything we do - including how we
work. If you're driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to
make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want
employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just
described you, then we really need to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We
create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work
whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and
collaboration is what we're all about. The Perks: We offer
competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
You'll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give
you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and
local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of
age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier
status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix
Recruitment Policy Notice at
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with
disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request
for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the job application process,
please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving
Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles
of similar qualifications.
Keywords: Citrix Systems Inc., Fort Lauderdale , Product Counsel, Other , fort lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!