Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want:
Analytical Problem Solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to
identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend
comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Curious learners: Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research
and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop
Motivated product launchers: Engineers who bring strategic
direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed
and launched with precision.
What You Will Do:
As a Robotics Electrical Engineer, you will support existing
field products and support the continuous improvement of Stryker
You will lead design team to execute project goals. Create test
programs and fixtures for development tools and processes. Design
and develop requirements, prototypes and solutions to deliver
electrical designs for robotic and surgical applications.
You will generate detailed electrical and electronic designs and
release applicable documentation. Work closely with manufacturing,
other engineering teams, quality assurance and program management
to deliver products. Generate detailed designs and release
applicable documentation. Review peer designs. Contribute to
building and testing of prototypes.
- Lead teams and create designs for printed circuit board and
electrical subsystems for use within robotic systems.
- Originate designs and concepts, draft design documentation,
plan and conduct relevant reviews and tests.
- Debug electrical circuit problems and implement corrective
action. Document and release the corrective action.
- Investigates field problems to root cause and propose
- Expert use development tools, such as oscilloscopes,
multi-meters, and soldering stations.
- Generate and communicate schedules to a broad technical
audience. Clearly communicate status of team assignments and
coordinate team tasks.
What You Need:
- Bachelors Electrical / Electronics Engineering degree from an
ABET accredited school
- 6+ years of relevant experience in printed circuit boards,
embedded systems, electrical design.
- Masters, or Doctorate (PhD) Electrical / Electronics
Engineering degree would be desirable
- Experience as project lead
- Experience working in medical device quality system or other
- Experience working with industry regulations and authoring
specifications and test plans
- Expert ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Expert knowledge of analog and digital mixed circuit
- Expert knowledge of FPGA and microcontroller designs.
- Expert knowledge of embedded systems (electronics and firmware
within a electro-mechanical chassis).
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral