Company: MEDNAX Medical
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last
40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states
and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and
children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care
for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically
ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide
high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.
The Practice Administrator (PA) is responsible for the
operational, financial and managerial oversight of the
office-based/ambulatory practice. This role will function as an
integral part of the regional team and work directly with the
practice leadership structure. The PA is responsible for all
coordination, communication and operational support provided to the
practice. By working directly with the Corporate Medical Director
(CMD) and the practice executive committee and/or leadership
committee, the PA is responsible for building effective
relationships and supporting corporate and divisional initiatives.
He/she will be focused on maximizing the quality and efficiency of
daily practice functions, and directing the practice strategic
growth plan. Effective communication methods and the ability to
work with all levels of the organization is needed to evaluate,
modify and develop business processes while enhancing local
practice profitability and improving daily operations.
The Practice Administrator will effectively interface with the
practice and division structure. Thorough knowledge of division
policies and operations is required.
- Partner with all clinical providers to maximize resources
dedicated to clinical recruitment, staffing and scheduling
requirements. Identify opportunities for resource optimization and
continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Work with division resources to obtain & approve all pertinent
reports in the monitoring of practice performance, efficiency and
- Partner with CMD to plan and participate in all practice
leadership and/or board meetings.
- Evaluate practice productivity and provide recommendations for
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating new growth
opportunities (diversification, expansion and organic growth).
- Identify possible threats to current and future business by
identifying current issues and building operational plan to
- Responsible for contract management of all clinical providers
and service locations.
- Partner with CMD, Director of Operations (DO)/Service Area
Manager (SAM) and Managed Care team for effective market review of
unique payer arrangements and affiliated contracts.
- Coordinate and assist all corporate departments to support all
- P&L ownership, to include revenue growth, cost containment,
and analysis of the impact of all operational decisions to
- Own the financial planning process (budget), and the monthly
financial review process.
- Actively identify risks and opportunities in the marketplace,
and develop action plans and proformas accordingly.
- Accountable to drive revenue cycle productivity metrics via
local practice resources, and with the corporate revenue cycle
- Provide oversight to all practice based departments.
- Partner with CMD in maintaining strong relations with all
- Work effectively with CMD and DO for the oversight of practice
quality initiatives to ensure program integrity and
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of
department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to
influence continuous improvements in departments efficiency and
- Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and
follows through with detailed action plans.
- Actively participates in problem identification and resolution
and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Adheres to Division, Department and HR policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the local community health care environment
sufficient to interact with other health care providers and
- Understanding of medical office operations sufficient to
oversee its operations and provide support to the Medical Director
- Skill in exercising a high degree of judgment, discretion and
decision making necessary to achieve organizational
- Must possess analytical skill sufficient to organize and
prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to organize and integrate organizational objectives in
order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in verbal and
- Ability to complete assignments and job duties on time with the
versatility to work on both financial and analytical projects.
- Strong business background and strong computer skills (MS Word
and Excel competency are a must)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People management skills and the ability to work independently
and as part of a team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 5 7 years of healthcare experience required.
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
will be considered.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in
detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: MEDNAX Medical, Fort Lauderdale , Practice Administrator, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!