Certified Nurse Anesthetist
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Performs pre-anesthetic evaluation of patients, writes
appropriate notes in chart, orders and evaluates appropriate
- Formulates an anesthetic care plan based on current knowledge
concepts, and scientific principles, explains procedures to patient
and answers questions as necessary.
- Writes preoperative notes, charts accurate anesthesia record,
maintains confidentiality and demonstrates concern for patient and
- Administers anesthesia according to commonly accepted standards
of the AANA and FANA.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of anesthesia equipment,
follows standard medical practice in the induction, maintenance and
emergencies of anesthesia.
- Ensures sterile technique is preserved and work area is free of
- Monitors patient continuously throughout the anesthetic with
appropriate documentation, recognizes abnormal physiological
responses and takes corrective action, requests appropriate tests
when needed, and provides emergency care when necessary.
- Maintains responsibility for safe emergence from anesthesia
under accepted, standard guidelines.
- Transfers patient to appropriate recovery room, ICU personnel
and remains until report is given and patient condition is
- Recognizes expected or abnormal patient responses in
postoperative setting and initiates corrective measures.
- Evaluates patient outcomes on a regular basis.
- Maintains completed and up-to-date documentation and files at
all times including products and service quotes.
- Communicates with colleagues and patients regularly.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by
- Follows Code Blue protocol.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Anesthetist Program.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control practices.
- Cognizant of the physical and general characteristics of the
various age related groups.
- Florida Nurse Anesthetist License. Certified Registered Nurse
Anesthetist (CRNA) in Florida.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior,
interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to
respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in
a positive manner.
- Has verbal knowledge of Dr. Lower's Credo: A PATIENT is the
most important person in this institution - in person or by mail. A
PATIENT is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. A PATIENT
is not an interruption of our work - he is the purpose of it. A
PATIENT is not an outsider to our business - he is part of it. A
PATIENT is not someone to argue or match wits with. A PATIENT is a
person and not a statistic. He has feelings, emotions, biases,
prejudices and wants. It is our job to satisfy him.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- One year Critical Care Nursing.
- Essential Duties: This position requires the knowledge of
Cleveland Clinic Florida Hospital, Clinic and Surgical Services
policies and procedures. The ability to communicate with staff
physicians, peers and other departments within the facility.
Interpersonal skills to work with peers on a close unit and also
with patients and patients' family.
- Physical Requirements: This position requires prolonged periods
of standing with a mixture of light, moderate and heavy physical
work. Ability to lift patients or assist in lifting patients is
required. Patient care may require reaching, pulling, pushing,
bending and stooping.
- Working Conditions: The individual works in a bright, well-lit
unit with state of the art medical monitoring equipment. The unit
is air-conditioned. The potential for exposure to blood borne
pathogens, body fluids, or potentially infectious material is at a
moderate risk level. The employees are provided with personal
protective materials and are offered hepatitis B screenings and
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Personnel are provided with personal protective equipment since
the risk of exposure is at a moderate to high level.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Certified Nurse Anesthetist, Other , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!