Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
Position Summary A Technician is primarily responsible for using
their experience and technical expertise to diagnose drivability
and electrical systems. A successful Technician will use leadership
and mentoring skills to drive a team to increase customer care and
satisfaction. A Technician will have direct interaction with
customers and deliver superior service through educating the
customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic,
exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical,
suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Technician B,
Mechanic, General Service Technician).
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to
non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and
customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in
formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly
changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position is a leader in the shop. We expect you to help set
the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you.
Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are
looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review
the following to measure your fit for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis,
problem-solving and repair experience.
- 4 or more ASE certifications are PREFERRED for this position
(A4 Steering and Suspension & A5 Brakes, plus 2 from the following:
A1 Engine Repair, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine Performance, L1
Advanced Engine Performance)
- Section 609 certification required
- State Inspection license if applicable
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Fort Lauderdale , Technician A, Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!