Ambulatory Nurse Manager
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Details Manages practice of professional nursing and
delivery of care for non-hospitalized or ambulatory patients within
a department, procedural area, infusion area and/or Institute. May
manage more than one physical location. Provides clinical
supervision and direction. Ensures regulatory compliance, maintains
quality and safety outcomes. Supervises all aspects of personnel
management and development. Works in collaboration with department
leadership, administration and nursing director.
- Manages the delivery of nursing care and practice of
professional nursing for non-hospitalized patients (ambulatory
population) within a specified department, procedural area,
infusion area, and/or Institute.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient
care standards utilizing evidence based practice as
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports
Cleveland Clinic research activities.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of
- Manages operation of unit by analyzing personnel structure,
determining staffing needs, monitoring productivity, and providing
- Provides supervision, evaluates performance, conducts selection
and termination process.
- Develops strategic plans in alignment with enterprise
initiatives. Ensures clinical team works at top of licensure /
responsibility. Actively promotes staff and self-development.
- Develops and maintains unit related patient care standards
through continuous quality improvement. Develops quality and safety
initiatives to provide highest level of care. Oversees development
and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficient,
effective, evidence-based delivery of health services.
- Attains and maintains JC and other regulatory standards.
Fosters patient and employee satisfaction.
- Promotes shared decision making with input from staff.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of the budget.
Approves purchases, establishes and revises inventory quotes.
- Directs unit participation in evaluation of new products as
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- High degree of clinical expertise in specialty area
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Nursing certification in specialty area preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) certification required.
- Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Three years experience as a clinical nurse; demonstrated skills
in leadership, management , communication, counseling, problem
solving, decision making, conflict resolution, and group
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Light Work -- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Ambulatory Nurse Manager, Other , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!