Company: Boy Scouts of America
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this
country by combining educational activities and lifelong values
with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that
helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious,
responsible, and productive society. Today's professional Scouters
are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career
offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work
that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning
and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community
and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and
inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which
include: program development through collaborative relationships,
volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership
recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic,
fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned
area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned
camps and activities.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the
financial needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers,
regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of
training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working
relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The
executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the
program's goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular
meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular
hours to achieve council and district objectives. Education
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
(transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development
background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with
diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual,
responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and
strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while
maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America's
leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities
and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and
motor vehicle background checks. All councils are equal opportunity
employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary range of
$38,500 - $42,500, based on experience. Professional Scouting
offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage,
dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental
death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for
authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone
and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy
and holiday observances. How to apply: Qualified candidates must
submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .--Only the most
qualified candidates will be contacted.
Keywords: Boy Scouts of America, Fort Lauderdale , District Executive, Other , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!