System Engineer OLH (Brentwood, TN) (Fort Lauderdale,FL)
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 10, 2020
The System Engineer is a contributing member of the team
responsible for administering, managing, and maintaining all IS
systems and operations for Onlife Health. They are responsible for
troubleshooting, diagnosing, and correcting, as needed any system
issues. The incumbent will work as part of a team to help support
all Infrastructure Operations at Onlife Health by being able to
support multiple OS including but not limited to Linux and
- Provides primary support and administration of Linux and cloud
based systems for the organization.
- Manages the lifecycle of Linux OS in the organization including
but not limited to the management of templates, base image
hardening, access management, and ongoing reviews for patching and
- Performs weekly or other required maintenance to all servers,
includes but is not limited to the monitoring of event logs, hard
disk space review, and all software installed on servers.
- Diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems and
performs appropriate actions to correct problems based on knowledge
of system operation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including
Windows systems administration.
- Work with Security team to ensure appropriate controls are in
place to ensure the protection of any sensitive information
contained in cloud environments.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Refer all major hardware problems to service personnel for
correction in a timely manner.
- Develop procedures and documentation to aid the IS Support in
supporting users efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in maintaining a list of hardware and software inventory
as it relates to the network equipment, servers, etc. Prepares
proposals for equipment purchases. Identifies any software
- Coordinate hardware distribution and internal cabling
requirements and activities with the IT/Development group regarding
that department's servers and systems.
- Provide regular updates, status, and completion information to
- Creates, updates, and follows policies and procedures related
to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support,
security, backup, etc.
- Contributes to the IT continuity plan and outage response
- Serve as SME for any cloud based Infrastructure and provides
guidance to the team for managing the lifecycle of any cloud based
- Experience with IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS solutions and management
of those solutions; Microsoft Windows (XP and Above); Microsoft
Windows Exchange (2013 and above); Microsoft Office Products
- Linux certifications, ITIL certifications, and scripting
experience are a plus.
- Dedication to on-going technical education, both as a student
and a teacher.
- Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables
Required Experience & Software/Hardware
- Related Bachelor's degree or additional related equivalent work
- 5+ years related work experience in the IT, computer science or
information services fields
- Linux OS (Red Hat & CentOS are a plus)
- Public Cloud Experience (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Microsoft Windows Server (2012 R2 and above)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory; Cisco Infrastructure
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, maintenance, network,
satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, system
Keywords: Confidential, Fort Lauderdale , System Engineer OLH (Brentwood, TN) (Fort Lauderdale,FL), Other , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!